flash or java loading page script??

• danieln
  • Born
  • Born
  • danieln

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi all,

i'm building a site of mine now, and i want to make it that a flash is played as the intro, then after the flash end, the flash movie will shrink and spin to the top right corner of the page where the logo is. but before the flash starts to spin, the home page of the site must be fully loaded first, so that when the flash starts to shirnk & spin, the whole web page is fullt loaded & displayed.

i hope my explaination is clear enough for you guys to understand what i meant. i just need some advice how could this be done and hope those who knows can either teach or direct me to a tutorial that guides me through.

thanks!!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• pixienick
  • pixienick

Post 3+ Months Ago

i reckon that would be pretty tricky. Having the Flash to shrink away revealing an html page behind would be like having two screens open in an internet window at once. What you'll probably have to do is make your main Flash subject spin and shrink and create another Flash layer underneath that looks exactly the same as the web page you are loading. Then you can cut from the Flash to the actual webpage, when the movies finished, and it might almost look seamless if you did it well.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Couldnt you just use a div.. and use javascript to add the flash movie in that div layer....

Maybe then transparent the div near to the end of the movie and open the new page or something?

Just an idea.
  • Jaw
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know that Eyeblaster has banners that overlap the page when loaded.

It may be useful to learn how those work in order to find your answer.
or
Using a div with javascript you may be able to achieve the same effect.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts