Flash or JavaScript, Which do you prefer?

• RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you could choose between using Flash or JavaScript, which would you choose? I am currently managing a web site that has a flash slide show in the header and a flash based navigation menu. Things seem to work ok, but I have always been leary of Flash because of a few dependability issues that I have run into in the past.

Now, the site is a few months old and I am going through the process of tweaking things to optimize it as best as possible. I have noticed that around 50% of our visit lengths are under 5 seconds. While this figure fluctuates it is still large enough to cause concern. I am considering that the issue maybe incompatibility with the Flash therefore, I am in the process of replacing the flash elements with JavaScript. But I am concern if this will fix the issue or if it will cause more problems.....What are everyone else's thoughts?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• classified
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Bahrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

I always preferred flash but you cant just compare such PL/Scripts , because they both can work together too , in many cases you need to do things with flash that requires external scripts to achieve such functions .

anyway Ajax is the way if you wanna compare it with flash ...

http://www.pasz.com/articles/FlashVsAjax.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts