Flash Loader component with mysql BLOB

• devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm using the Flash Loader component and the contentpath loads a php script that retrieves the image from the BLOB field. The php echoes the header content and the image and it works fine. My problem has come with using PHP and GD to resize the image and store it in the mysql DB. I've resized and stored the image and can display using an html image tag that calls the php script, but it will not show up in my Flash Loader component. In IE the image wants to download as a bitmap and in Mozzilla it will download as a jpeg. However, in IE saving the file using a name and .jpg extension will save it to my local disk as a jpeg. Is there some code I need to add to the Loader Component to display the binary data from the images that were resized? The images (jpegs) that were not resized display in the Flash Loader component with no problems. Many thanks in advanced. Please refer to my other post in the Programming forum for the PHP resizing and displaying code under user devilwood topic PHP GD image resize, but I believe the problem lies somewhere with displaying with the Loader Component and the binary from the db.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Figured it out. The resized image in php was being interlaced. I needed a non-progressive jpeg for flash, of course.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts