Flash Login Screen -need call windows os?

• svnah
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Raleigh Area

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I'm a programmer in VA Beach. I'm working on a login screen I've created in Flash (MX 2004 Pro). Original login screen was not only bland and confusing, but hard coded to write to the A:\ drive. So decided to spice it up with moving it to a login box with a windows feel using Flash.
Should be pretty easy for someone who's been programming for 20yrs, right? -NOT! This is driving me nuts! I know I can't have been the first person on the planet to try to do this, not to mention I'm pretty sure someone else has already succeeded in making this work! :banghead:

The prob I'm facing is accessing the windows standard common dialog box for browsing for a folder, then capture the value and then write the data file to the selected location. Translation - the user needs to be able to pick the drive where their course progress will be saved. The user's name and idnum also get written to the dynamically created file.

I have everything else programmed, but have now hit a brick wall with talking to the os. Tried Flash tech support and the guy told me that there was no functionality for flash to do that. Surely there's a work around using xml, javascript, vbscript - something!

Would really appreciate someone tossing me a bone on this one. :puppydogeyes:

Thx,
S'vnah

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post