Flash logo

• PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

How would I have a flash logo, like http://www.bigwebmaster.com <--his? Or can someone make one for me? And how would i add it onto my site? (I have flash mx)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know would you? Have you ever made one? That seems the only way that you would have one. And I don't see what flash logo you are referring to on that site?
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

the "big webmaster" lights up everyonce in a while. That is what i am talking about. Maybe a little logo thing like that, that does something every once in a while.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

My guess is its just an animated GIF. You could make something like that in flash if you wanted to, but there is really no point unless you wanted it to blink completely randomly. Check out http://www.flashkit.com for a lot of good flash tutorials.
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

It actually is Flash. You're right, though, it would be even easier to make it using an animated GIF.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahh so thats why the color is a bit off
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

how do you make a animated gif?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Geekette wrote:
It actually is Flash. You're right, though, it would be even easier to make it using an animated GIF.

Yeah you are right in that it is a flash file. It is 12.4 Kb. To make the same logo as a gif it would be 60+ Kb. I first tried it as a gif but the file size is way too big. If you look at the graphic you will see that it doesn't flash at regular intervals, and changes its speed to match more of how a light flickers off and on because of a short that might exist in the wiring.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

b_heyer wrote:
ahh so thats why the color is a bit off

When you say the color is off, are you saying the background color is slightly off? For most people the color matches perfectly but there seem to be a few that has the color slightly off. My old computer that ran Windows 98 has that problem too. However I do know people who have Windows 98 with no color mismatch problem. I have tried and tried to figure out why it doesn't match for some and have not been able to figure it out.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah its off. My best guess is since they are both shades of grey, its my adobe gamma correction. I'll recheck the gamma and try again.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The color problem happens a lot in Flash.

I don't know what the exact problem is, but if I remember correctly (i have bad memory so don't hold me to this), the problem has to do with the viewers monitor color settings.

I see no color difference at all. My color is at 32 bit true color. Anyone see the problem and is at a different setting?
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

oooh You are right it does work in 32 bit, I have to have it at 16 bit if I wanna play in flash at high res tho :(
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

lostinbeta wrote:
The color problem happens a lot in Flash.

I don't know what the exact problem is, but if I remember correctly (i have bad memory so don't hold me to this), the problem has to do with the viewers monitor color settings.

I see no color difference at all. My color is at 32 bit true color. Anyone see the problem and is at a different setting?

If I recall that would solve the problem on the the computer with the mismatching colors. However, after doing some testing on some computers they can have it in 16 bit color and it still is displayed perfectly fine matching. But on some computers it will not match unless they have it in 32 bit color mode, because in 16 bit color then you can see it clearly not matching.
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, thanks for all that pointless information :lol: Now all i need is how do i make a animated gif or flash, that does that.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

bigwebmaster: Well at 16bit color Flash can get a bit floopy. I know at 16bit color clips that have their alpha property set to 0 are still visible to the viewer. For some stupid reason Flash just doesn't like 16bit color :roll:

IMadmin: It's probably the most basic thing you can do in Flash.

Original Image made in Photoshop (or other paint program)

Image with highlighted letters made in Photoshop (or other paint program)

File/Import into Flash.

Do your animation on the timeline there.... adding keyframes containing the highlighted image when you want that to become visible.

Heres a tutorial on basic tweening...

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/motiontween.htm

But if you don't know this stuff then you should definitely read the tutorials that come with flash, they are very useful for learning about how the timeline works and how to do tweens/animations.

After you create it in Flash you can go to File/Export Movie and choose "Animated GIF" from the drop down menu. Or you can just export it as a .swf if you wish.

Another method to create an animated gif image would be to use Image Ready (comes with Photoshop.. i think it lets you do animated gifs) or some other gif animator program.
  • The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are using Jasc Paint Shop Pro, it comes with a program called Animation Shop. Animation Shop is built to create animated .gif files. Since you have Flash MX, you should you use that over animation shop which is very limited on editing of the frames.
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you lost in beta, i will go try that out and do what you told me. I will also have to check out that website that you got on there. And to everyone else that attempted to help me or did, thank you!
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahh, the ol' color problem comes up again. :x
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

how do u make something like ur website unflux, in flash?...i mean, how did u learn to make it?...did u follow tutorials?

all i have been able to acheive in flash is little stick men fights lol, i want my website to be dynamic as well, it isn't at the moment

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts