Flash nav menu

• Cat6000
  • Cat6000

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have swf that is my nav menu in a template. When i go to navigate to a page using the buttons, the swf 'reloads' and this results in having a 'white flash' The swf is super small - 32k and i dont know why it is reloading it every time when it is in a template, the images that are also in the template do not load each time.

I had a similar problem with another site, and some how managed to work it out, but cant remember how i did it. I have added this script to see if it helps - it didnt fix it.

<script src="../../Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

How do i get around this problem?
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is the new page that you go to a different url? Or are you loading content into an iframe or something similar?
  • Cat6000
  • Cat6000

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi graphixboy thanks for taking the time to reply..

Yes the new page is a different URL.

Check it out at...

http://people.aapt.net.au/catriona6000/index.html

The buttons are in a non editable region of a template. I just don't understand why the swf has to reload but not any of the header images.

any help is good help - thanks!
  • Cat6000
  • Cat6000

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi graphixboy,

I have just changed the file so that the nav menu opens the new page into an iframe, seems to stop the swf nav menu from reloading each time.

Is this the only way around this? Surely there is another solution so that you dont have to use iframes?

Thanks.

Just wondering if you know the answer to this problem i have posted...?

, I have made a flash horizontal nav menu, with 1 sub menu layer.

View the swf here

http://people.aapt.net.au/catriona6000/test.html

Basically the buttons are individual movie clips with hit areas defined and all works fine except one button. When i mouse off it fast or mouse out in a certain area the sub menu stays on, when it should disappear. When i mouse out slowly or at a normal speed it works. It is like the mouse is going too fast to see where the hit area is and skips over it.

It mainly happens with the mouse going from 'poly tanks' to 'buyer advice' but not the other way around...

do you know how to fix this? Thanks
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

well the images and the flash file actually do reload but since they're cached its a hardly noticeable time.

It looks like the flash may be taking an instant to load its content and therefor shows the background color of the flash file for a moment.

You can fix this by setting the flash file to have a transparent background or by changing the fla background color to the same color as your site background and re-publishing it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts