Flash newbie - trying to reposition flash on screen

• Tokunbo
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tokunbo
  • Loc: Applications Developer

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello,

please, dont mind me, just in case this really sounds stupid. Im just trying out my hand on flash MX and have been reading a couple of tutorials etc.

Fine, so I want to have my flash movie display something like: "hello world" one letter at a time.

The tutorial was the one where i insert one keyframe, type a letter, then select another frame, type another text etc. Ive done that and its working.

My problem is this: I had positioned my cursor at the upper right hand corner of my 750x500 screen size when I created the flash. Now, im done and I want to move everything to the center of the screen......much like dragging something from one part of the screen to another.

how do I position the whole text(displayed) to my desired location on the screen. Ive discovered that the movie keeps on playing with reference to the location it was first created. Ive tried selecting all frames, selecting all text and positioning them at the center of my 750 x 100 size, but when i do a replay, it will still play from the first location(upper right hand corner), but I would like to place something entirely different at the top right hand corner.

please help
Tokunbo
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you use any actionscript to build your animation? If so please post it here so we have a better chance of helping you.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

i doubt he use any actionscript.
he just need to move the movieclip which holds all the letters, to the desired location.
  • Latindesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Latindesign
  • Loc: Bogotá

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi!

I would suggest you: check if all of the keyframes in your animation (the keyframes that correspond to the clip you want to reposition) have the clip on the same position.
Hope that it helps!
Good luck!
  • Tokunbo
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tokunbo
  • Loc: Applications Developer

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

No, i did not use any action-scripts. Nothing of that sort. Im just trying to reposition (on stage) a clip...............as in change where(the position) its usually starting point.

Note. the words "hello world" were broken apart, and each letter was made to be appearing in one frame, one at a time. just the simple tutorial i was following..............like dragging something from one part of the screen to another......
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

you should've place all your letters into a movie clip and then just move it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts