Need opinions of flash software to use

• MetroWeb
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • MetroWeb

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is the best and most economical software that I need to edit the Flash Templates I purchase from this site?

I have seen people talk about Macromedia Flash 8. Has that been replaced with Adobe Flash CS4 Professional? Are there any other choices?

I am just starting to work with Flash and I would like some opinions on the best and most economical flash software to work with.

Thanks in advance.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Metro,

Sweishmax http://www.swishzone.com/index.phpSwishmax is pretty close to Flash these days but if it will open Flash templates I have no idea.

The price of Swishmax against Adobe Flash is sweet though.

You can also buy templates.

:mrgreen:
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you need to edit Flash fla files you will need a copy of Adobe Flash. There's really only one piece of software to choose from. Macromedia Flash was purchased by adobe saveral years ago. Flash CS4 is really Flash 10. You can always download the fully functional trial from adobe.com
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oone piece of software maybe for editing .flas but..

There are other alternatives, more economical, and sweeter priced than Adobe.

Have you looked at SwishMax lately graphicsboy?

Its good to give the customer (poster) a choice.

I am not knocking Adobe's Flash in anyway but it does have the long learning curve as well as a big price ticket.

http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?area ... b=features
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

suzie, I'm not familiar with SwishMax, but I'm going to make the assumption for the moment that the Flash Templates will include FLA files, which to the best of my knowledge are only editable in flash. I see where SwishMax can import swf files, but what if the user needs to edit an FLA for the template? Is that possible with SwishMax? I'm asking because I've never used it and don't know.

And to address the learning curve, Flash is no more difficult to learn than any other application. It's just that most normal users can't afford it. Point blank it's a professional application and marketed at a price point that is affordable and reasonable to professionals.

I'm of the philosophy that I'm not going to ask an orange tree to produce an apple. If I want a Flash file, I'm going to look at the application that was designed to produce it -- and that would be Flash.
  • MetroWeb
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • MetroWeb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks everyone for your replies. I discovered that I have the software Dreamweaver Studio MX and it has Flash 6 in the studio set. I believe I can use that version and work the template files. Would that be correct ATNO/TW?

Thanks again to everyone for their responses.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sort of Correct. You'll need to check the templates carefully for what version of Flash they were designed in. Templates Designed in Flash 8 CS3 or CS4 will most likely contain features or components what weren't available in 6 (Not to mention AS3). However, since you already have Dreamweaver Studio MX, You could get an upgrade to current version at a much better price than buying CS4 straight up.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts