Flash templates- easy to customize if you're a novice?

• Lydian
  • Born
  • Born
  • Lydian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all. I am new here and hoping to learn a lot from you guys.
Just bought flash 8 pro with the hope of going on a course in the new year.
I have a video and post production background but have to say this looks the most daunting application I have come across yet.
So I need to get a flash website together for my video web site and have found some cool templates from
http://www.perfectory.com

Obviously it will need customizing so just wondered how easy is it to change the text and images but still maintain the animation attributes.
I don't want to tinker majorly with it just change a few bits.
I am a total amateur and could do with advice in stupid speak.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can change the text and images without damaging the animation. Just do some flash lessons (which already exists in flash) and you'll see how easy it is.
  • Lydian
  • Born
  • Born
  • Lydian

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold wrote:
you can change the text and images without damaging the animation. Just do some flash lessons (which already exists in flash) and you'll see how easy it is.

Hey thanks bud!
I couldn't find anything within the flash help on tutorials regarding customizing templates.
That's a good start! What chance have I got if I can't even find the tutorials :roll:
Anyway I found a tutorial on Sorbose and it looks quite straightforward, so just need to purchase a couple of templates.
Just a quick question- If it's a flash site, but they also list a whole host of other software that you need like adobe go live, microsoft expression etc, Is this legit?
Or is it just to scare you into getting the template company to customize it for you.
Perhaps these are needed to customize the html version etc but I presumed you could just use any html editor.
I can understand that maybe I will need Photoshop for the PSD files but surely the rest is in flash?
Many thanks for your help.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts