flash video not showing

• mdupain
  • mdupain

Post 3+ Months Ago

My video will not show when I use the flv component with my flv. When I publish it will have the sound but no video shows. Some of my flv work but some don't.
Augh!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• classified
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Bahrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

How r u encoding them ?
Progressive , or embed ?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Check your flash player version. If you are using the FLVPlayback component and publishing to Flash 8, make sure your player is flash version 8 or higher. What you described about the audio playing but not seeing the video is exactly what happens when your player is outdated.
  • mdupain
  • mdupain

Post 3+ Months Ago

classified wrote:
How r u encoding them ?
Progressive , or embed ?

Progressive
thanks
  • mdupain
  • mdupain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Progressive
thanks
  • mdupain
  • mdupain

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe I am using Flash 8 player. How can you make sure?
thanks
Mandi
  • mdupain
  • mdupain

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked again. I am using flash player 8 that is what shows at the top when my video is attempting to play and all I get is audio.

Below are my steps:
Window> components>drag flv playback to stage

Click video icon> Window> components inspector> content path and then hit folder and find flv. Also I make sure the swf and flv are in same folder. Also I have gotten other videos to work.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

That sounds right. I assume you can test it and it works OK in Flash itself? What is your object code. It should look similar to this

Code: [ Select ]
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="632" height="220" id="groundControl4" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="groundControl4.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><embed src="groundControl4.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="632" height="220" name="groundControl4" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>
  1. <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="632" height="220" id="groundControl4" align="middle">
  2. <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
  3. <param name="movie" value="groundControl4.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><embed src="groundControl4.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="632" height="220" name="groundControl4" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
  4. </object>
  • mdupain
  • mdupain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could I email you my flv.? My email is mdupain@millersville.edu. If you email me I will email you the flv. Do you think bill cowher will return?
Go steelers! I have a terrible towel and the cards from the steal curtain days.
mandi
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

sent you my email addy in PM. I won't be on it again til tomorrow but I'll take a look at it then.

(And I would be completely surprised if Cohwer doesn't retire)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem doesn't appear to be with Flash. Seems to be with the FLV itself. When I import to stage as embeded vs. progressive, the FLV shows as Audio only. In your encoder make sure you haven't disabled video encoding inadvertantly.

What are you using for an FLV converter? What's the original movie format? If the original file is under 20MB you can try zipping it and mailing it to me and I'll try it in my FLASH 8 Video Encoder.
  • mdupain
  • mdupain

Post 3+ Months Ago

For some reason I am able to use my sorenson squeeze and create swf with my mpgs that will not be converted to flv. Go figure. Do you ever use sorenson squeeze 4.0? You get a choose between lg-prog or sm-prog. I chose the smaller file but is small to view. The lg-prog is a very huge file.
I guess I should be glad that I can at least get the mpg format to be in some flash format (i.e. swf) even though it is not flv.
Thanks for all your help!
  • mdupain
  • mdupain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for checking. For some reason with certain mpegs it will not let me check encode video when chose flash 8 medium quality or any. It will bounce back to custom. Do you think flv files are more compressed then converting mpegs into swf files?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts