Flash Video unable to play in SWF

• dexskong
  • dexskong
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there, Im a flash newbie, currently working on a flash presentation and i encounter some flv display problem.

I hav a MAIN-SWF as a main stage to display or load external content (with buttons) - loadMovie("content.swf", "myClip"); with a blank movieClip -- "myClip".

e.g.

on (release) {
loadMovie("userinstruction.swf", "myClip");
}

All external content are swf files.

One of them is swf with a flash video (FLV).

All source files are in the same directory.

I have tested that all external files loaded perfectly in my own pc, BUT when i tested on other pc, the external content swf with FLV is unable to display, juz show blank.

I have double checked the file URL, TARGET location, & file placement; all in correct ordered.

Help please~~ :cry:

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• krismeister
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • krismeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

is it on a server when you're testing it on other machines and having the issues.

I've run into an issue where the server doesn't have the right MIME setting for FLV. Look on google for "FLV MIME server setting". I've had to set it up on both linux apaphe servers as well as IIS servers.

-Kris
  • dexskong
  • dexskong
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

krismeister wrote:
is it on a server when you're testing it on other machines and having the issues.

I've run into an issue where the server doesn't have the right MIME setting for FLV. Look on google for "FLV MIME server setting". I've had to set it up on both linux apaphe servers as well as IIS servers.

-Kris

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I did not upload to the server yet, juz test run on local computer, coz this project will most probably deliver in a CD.

I've tested the project on other pc, the FLV was juz unable to display, except my own.

Correct me is im wrong, this FLV is actually from a fla / swf movie exported to Quicktime then converted into FLV (sorry im still green in flash..), Im juz wondering whether I did the correct setting while exporting into Quicktime.

Thanks again
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Exactly how are you trying to play it on the other machine?

Are you connecting your other machine to your computer and trying to play it?
Are you copying all the files to the other computer and trying to play it.
Are you running a webserver on your machine? (i.e. IIS, Apache etc). Is the other machine running a webserver.
Does the other machine have Flash installed?
What version of Flash are you using?
What version of Flash are you publishing to.
Does the other machine have Flash 8 player or higher installed?

Currently there's not enough information to give you a solution. My best guess is you have Flash installed on your machine and not on the other (I'm talking the program, not the player). If that's the case when you play it on your machine, the Flash program itself is supporting the playback of the FLV. However, if you try to play it on a machine without Flash installed it won't work.

The solution to the above scenario is install a web server on your machine and connect the other machine to the webserver.

As an added FYI if you are only planning to deliver this on CD, then set your Publish settings to publish as a Windows Projector (.exe) file. Then burn all your files (minus the FLA - you don't need that on the CD) to a CD, or copy all your files to the other computer keeping the directory structure intact - (as an added precaution all your paths should be relative paths. Most people encounter problems with FLV playback because they use absolute paths. Sooner or later Absolute paths will screw you up in Flash). Then run your .exe (Windows projector) file. It should play fine on any computer (providing it isn't a MAC - projector files will not play on MAC's.)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts