Flash with Database

• Madball
  • Born
  • Born
  • Madball

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well my company just assigned me the task of learning flash and producing something in a very short amount of time. My task is to take a building plan of a community with around 3000 town homes. What I have to do is make something in flash that will using that building plan picture. Now whenever a house is finished construction the user must be able to click on a color code and click on the house to change the house to that code to denote that the house has finished construction. As well when they are done with their session they want to be able to save the data to a database or something so when they open up the flash again it will pull data from the database to resume where it was left off last time. So far I have be able to make the color keys and have the houses change color to that key when clicked on. As for the database part I do not know where to start. I figure since you guys seem to be the most knowledgeable in this subject that I have found I would give you guys a try.

Here is a sample of what I've done so far.
http://members.cox.net/ladiesnhan/Sample.swf ***link fixed***
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dream_flash
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not able to see the sample file.....any way you can save the info from the flash file into database using any middle layer scripting language, eg- ASP, PHP etc.

You can send the information from the flash file using command:
loadVariablesNum("http://www.domain.com/script.asp", 0, "POST");

If you have stored any variable in that level those will automatically get passed to the script file internally and can be accessed by the same name in that script.

Hope this will help!!!

Thanks
  • Madball
  • Born
  • Born
  • Madball

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I have to be able to have it where when I load up the flash it will pull up the database and change the colors of the houses to what they previously were in the last session. And I don't know how to approach this at all.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts