Floating Box

• abramenko
  • Born
  • Born
  • abramenko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello.. I am new here, Just wanna say great site. Now for the question. I am desiging a flash project that displays network components and their use. And I was wondering if anyone knew how I could set it up so that when I mouse over a symbol, flash will display an box that will have some text and a picture in it. Almost like an right click content menu, except I need pictures and no mouse clicking. Any help would be appreciated.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a data component called "Tool Tip" that will display text. This is very easy to implement. Having pictures with that component is considerably more difficult.

You can also do this using movie clips and Actionscript. Inlucing pictures would be much easier. It would take a bit more work, though.

Your last choice is to use a button. You can define the "up" state to be the network component, and the "over" state to be whatever. You'll want to take care and define a hit area, or Flash will think the "over" state is the hit area. ;)
  • abramenko
  • Born
  • Born
  • abramenko

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the reply. Fortunatley I already figured it out. I used action script like you said. Thanks again.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts