FLV with static image in player

• kristin
  • Born
  • Born
  • kristin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have inserted an FLV from within Dreamweaver CS3 and set it to not autoplay. When the page loads, we see the player with a black screen. My client wants an image to be in that black area, and I can either create a custom image or have the FLV display a certain frame of the video.

But how do I do this? Is there a flash var for a placeholder image?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Kristin
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm .... in flash that would be quite easy.
Pass in the html code of the object a parameter for the image name, then load the image from flash in a movieclip which is placed over the player black area. Then on player start play, hide the movieclip.
But if you don't do it in flash ... probably you can try with css and javascript, to place a floating div with the image over the black area ... and then i don't know how to get the event when the player starts and hide the div.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

From my experiences in the past, Flash (.swf) do not take kindly to stuff be placed over it. I think your first suggestion would work best, but, the movieclip should load an external image so that it can be changed without having to update the .swf.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea, that's what i said in the first place.
Quote:
Pass in the html code of the object a parameter for the image name, then load the image from flash in a movieclip

As for displaying a div over flash objects, never actually tried, i just assumed it might be possible. But even if it was possible, getting the start play event would've mean more trouble than for the first solution.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts