• lucianb
  • Born
  • Born
  • lucianb

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use this code when a button is clicked in flash
Code: [ Select ]
on (release) {
getURL("javascript: openNewWindow('main.html','thewin','fullscreen=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no') ");
}
  1. on (release) {
  2. getURL("javascript: openNewWindow('main.html','thewin','fullscreen=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no') ");
  3. }

and a code in the html page
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JavaScript>
function openNewWindow(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures) {
newWindow=window.open(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures);
}
</SCRIPT>
  1. <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JavaScript>
  2. function openNewWindow(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures) {
  3. newWindow=window.open(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures);
  4. }
  5. </SCRIPT>

okay so, when i click the button, main.html opens in full screen but i still have a scrollbar on the right, even though in the code of the button i specified no scrollbars "scrollbars=no".
I'm really suck. Any ideas how i can get rid of the scrollbar?
I asked the same thing in the flash forums but they said that i might find the answer here.
:?:
Thanks
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

:scratchhead: This IS the Flash forum, I assume you mean a different site ? :P

To answer your question,
Fullscreen mode isn't like a normal window, you can't controll the tool/scroll bars with it.

Use that same getURL() but this time pass only fullscreen no =no , tool/scrollbar properties, just fullscreen you'll get the same result. The browser sees that word & forgets everything else.

Fullscreen is like telling a 5 year old yes, it will forget everything else you tell them & go about their own agenda.
  • lucianb
  • Born
  • Born
  • lucianb

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, well i thought so, i was struggling with the full screen problem for about 3 days.
so my only option of a full screen is http://www.cbcradio3.com/issues/2004_02_20/index.cfm
and i will have the title bar but no scrollbars.
right?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty much :wink:
  • mtheory
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Branford CT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rather than using javascript us a Flash fccommand.

fscommand ("fullscreen", "true");

Put this in the first keyframe you want the movie to go fullscreen.

http://imageselect.us
Ecommerce for Photographers
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

mtheory wrote:
Rather than using javascript us a Flash fccommand.

fscommand ("fullscreen", "true");

Put this in the first keyframe you want the movie to go fullscreen.

http://imageselect.us
Ecommerce for Photographers

That will work for a projector.
  • FiveseveN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Nowhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

fscommand also works with Internet Explorer. I think it works with Mozilla, too, but it certainly doesn't work with other browsers so I don't recommend it.
Later edit : no, it doesn't work with Mozilla.

I don't recommend going fullscreen and autostretch, either. A 800 x 600 movie containing raster graphics would look barely OK on 1024 x 768, but what about higher resolutions ? Plus, CPU-intensive animations will run slower when stretched.

What I do recommend is inserting a fixed-size swf in a table or DIV and center it both horiz. and vertically. That way, you can use your initial JavaScript command and it shouldn't produce the scrollbar.
  • BillyBoy
  • BillyBoy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, you can do the following.

Which will give a truly FULL screen, edge to edge of your monitor with no browser scroll bars or title bars. If you do the code right, the original poster didn't. This gives you a top to bottom, left to right totally empty and blank page with NO browser controls of any kind in IE, so all you see is your Flash truly full screen regardless what resolution the end user has his system set to.

**** only the portion of JavaScipt that goes on HTML calling page
that creates and opens a NEW browser window follows. You also
need a script that 's commonly called a browser sniffer, which
detects which browser the end user has, plus what version and
which OS and version he's using and what resolution the end user
is set too. Following was taken from one such script, just
ncluding the asked about part to minimize a already long post.

function MakeINewWindow(){
window.open('XXX','name','fullscreen=yes');
}

Where XXX is HTML page you wish to open full screen. This would be the page you embed your flash and have these two fscommands in the first frame of your Flash:

fscommand("fullscreen", "true");
fscommand("allowscale", "true");

You also need to change the embed tags that Flash uses.
Instead of using pixels, use percentage

ie 100% like this:

<embed> type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%" height="100%"></embed>
  1. function MakeINewWindow(){
  2. window.open('XXX','name','fullscreen=yes');
  3. }
  4. Where XXX is HTML page you wish to open full screen. This would be the page you embed your flash and have these two fscommands in the first frame of your Flash:
  5. fscommand("fullscreen", "true");
  6. fscommand("allowscale", "true");
  7. You also need to change the embed tags that Flash uses.
  8. Instead of using pixels, use percentage
  9. ie 100% like this:
  10. <embed> type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%" height="100%"></embed>

This all worked perfectly for me until the Microsoft idiots came out with
Service Pack two, now its more clumsy. See seperate post.
  • FiveseveN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

BillyBoy, your resolve is obvious, but it doesn't solve the problems related with stretching raster graphics or big tweens or fscommand being IE strict. Well, Lucinan, you do what you think is best in your case. So you've actually said nothing at all, since it is basically what Lucian has tried in the 1st place.
  • Ray2004
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Kuwait

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have KINDA of a similar problem. When I open my published movies (html), there is a white border around my movie. check it out to better understand what I mean:
http://www.geocities.com/rayhayek
  • FiveseveN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ray, that's because HTML documents have margins by default. You must use

body {
    margin-left: 0px;
    margin-top: 0px;
    margin-right: 0px;
    margin-bottom: 0px;
}
  1. body {
  2.     margin-left: 0px;
  3.     margin-top: 0px;
  4.     margin-right: 0px;
  5.     margin-bottom: 0px;
  6. }

in your stylesheet or

<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

if you don't use CSS.
  • Ray2004
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Kuwait

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks Fiveseven on your reply, however the rightmargin is still showing. I tried adding a rightmargin = "0" but that did not work.. ?!
I tried changing the dimensions of the Flash file as well to fit the contour of the html but that did not work either.. so i temporarily made the bgrd color blue so it won't look odd...

Do u know how I can get the right margin to disappear. The problem with the right margin is that is shows as white space to the roght of my top toolbar. Please be patient with the newbie (me)

the url is http://www.geocities.com/rayhayek...

on a seperate note, why am I seeing the old content I posted on my website even though I cleared my IE cache.. ?!!
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA
  • goldoche
  • Born
  • Born
  • goldoche

Post 3+ Months Ago

lucianb wrote:
opens in full screen but i still have a scrollbar on the right, even though in the code of the button i specified no scrollbars "scrollbars=no".

I had the exact same problem. After some hair pulling, I found a workaround by using frames.

The page you open in fullscreen is your frameset. Left frame is an empty page with 0 width and the same background color as your main page. Right frame is your main page where you put your content with auto scrolling, or no scrolling.

<FRAMESET COLS="0,*" BORDER="0" FRAMEBORDER="no" FRAMESPACING="0" NORESIZE>
 <FRAME SRC="empty.html" NAME="empty" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" NORESIZE SCROLLING="no">
 <FRAME SRC="main.html" NAME="main" MARGINWIDTH="4" MARGINHEIGHT="4" NORESIZE SCROLLING="auto">
</FRAMESET>
  1. <FRAMESET COLS="0,*" BORDER="0" FRAMEBORDER="no" FRAMESPACING="0" NORESIZE>
  2.  <FRAME SRC="empty.html" NAME="empty" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" NORESIZE SCROLLING="no">
  3.  <FRAME SRC="main.html" NAME="main" MARGINWIDTH="4" MARGINHEIGHT="4" NORESIZE SCROLLING="auto">
  4. </FRAMESET>

You can add a button top.close() in main page to let the user close the fullscreen window, but the launcher window can't be closed without that annoying alert popup. To circumvent this popup, read about HTA files, but that's another story, user needs to download it localy, it's only useful for kiosk-like application.
  • venatioadmin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • venatioadmin
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone nows a site that can give me a clue how to create a popup like on http://www.rsqaudi.com or http://www.doom3.com, plus explaining how to create buttons witch can close the movie.
  • blitzthemaniac
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

A good website is
:arrow: http://www.echoecho.com
and you can look over everything to do with html, but flash unfortuatly is very limited.

while im here, i have been trying to do the samething, trying to get rid of the scroll bar and the tool bar.
i have successfully got rid of the scroll bar but i am still unable to get rid off the toolbar.
at the moment i am just using flash but not html, do i need the html to get rid of the toolbar or can i just do it in flash :?:
at the moment the action script i have used is this:
:arrow: on (release) {
getURL("http://www.freewebs.com/cheatingwithoutaces/flash/Flash%20Homepage.swf");
fscommand ("fullscreen=yes,toolbar=no","1024x768");
}

what am i doing wrong?
any help will be aprecieted
thanx
  • fixitben
  • Born
  • Born
  • fixitben

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here download this it has a close button It opens with no scroll bars and works with most browsers.
http://rlcsound.com/launchfullscreen.zip

But Beware if you don't use a button to open the window then most popup blockers will block it. So Even inside flash you need to have the open window on a button.

Fixitben

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts