Help! No justification!

• flashnewbie
  • Born
  • Born
  • flashnewbie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a question for all you flash gurus... I am putting together my first flash website, and on the main page I have a simple static text box, with about a paragraph worth of text.

This is my problem, in the text box properties, I have the text allignment set to "Full Justify" and it looks perfect on screen. However, when I test or publish the movie, the text is not justified! :?: Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm not sure what the problem is, but why don't you just right click on the text box and select convert to symbol...
convert it to a graphic (you'll still be able to edit the text within the symbol) and see if that fixes it upon publication...
that's weird tho... heights....
  • flashnewbie
  • Born
  • Born
  • flashnewbie

Post 3+ Months Ago

roarmeow,

I tried converting it to a movie clip, but it still isn't showing the correct justification in the test/published movie... Any other ideas?

Thanks again...
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't know what to say... flash justifies just fine normally... there's no trick to it... you said it's a static text box and you've got it justified... i guess make sure that under the Text>Align menu, Justify is checked off... but I'm sure you've already done that...
anyone else got any tips...?
  • flashnewbie
  • Born
  • Born
  • flashnewbie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I didn't figure out what the problem was, but I did find a solution. I deleted the text box, and recreated it, and just retyped all of the text into it. I tested the movie and *presto* it worked... :roll: I guess there was something weird with that original box... oh well... thanks for your help!
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What you're describing happens with dynamic text areas. In the development environment, a dynamic text area justifies. When rendered in the player, however, it doesn't. My guess would be that you simply changed the type of text object, inadvertently.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts