Help needed with a flash script - Page Flip...

• jojo
  • Born
  • Born
  • jojo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
I'm having a little problem with this script, everything's working fine, I've added pages and everything I want. The only thing that doesn't work is the preloader. I'm using the default pre-loader in the script, do I have to activate it or something?
I'm using MX 2004, I dont think this should change anything, but just in case...
Has anyone else had this problem?
Please help me

Thanks
  • kingtech
  • Born
  • Born
  • kingtech

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are there still any of these .fla's floating around that anyone is sharing? I am very interested in making a customized catalog. I'll give my email address if no one is hosting a file for download. Thanks!

Kevin
  • tomlad
  • Born
  • Born
  • tomlad

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi ive fiddled with this for ages and ive got it working fully with my own sized pages... which took ages but its done.

the problem im having is that people cant read the text on my magazine, so im wondering if its possible to add a magnifying glass to the pageflip script.

ive seen this done on other websites but i cant remember where they are now (doh).-so i know it is actually possible.

i followed a tutorial and the magnifying glass works on a static page, but when you add it to a page flip page it all gets abit more complicated. i think this is because all the page flip pages are dynamically loaded into place or something.

im not that good at flash i just wondered if anyone had done this in the past or who might know how to do it.
thanks alot!

tom - sirlambert attt gmail dot com
  • jojo
  • Born
  • Born
  • jojo

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey tomland,
Doesn't sound too complicated just remember that if you have an animation on a page, it must be controlled by the _global.mcnt counter. And I'm sure you could find a tutorial on magnifying movies on kirupa.com or something.
Also I want to ask you if you've gotten the preloader to work on your file? Mine simply doesn't show up, it's as if it is loading the extracted elements but the wheel pre-loader never shows up, do you think you can help me with this?

Appreciate it.
  • vanguish129
  • Born
  • Born
  • vanguish129

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

i'm a beginner at using flash. My friend has asked me if i can make a flip book menu for his fathers restaurant. I've been playing around with the flip book made by Macc (iparigrapgika). could someone please teach/tell me what i need to do to remove pages (i only need 5 pages). I tried removing some pages, but i screwing it up (i.e pages don't flip properly).

Also, i have made all the pages i need in photoshop (300x400 in gif).....How do i bring them in to flash? and which folder should i put them in?

thanks
  • passkr
  • Born
  • Born
  • passkr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, i've got the pageflip movie to work with my pages (32 of them) however when I flip through the pages, bits of the page turn transparent and disappear.

I'm using flattened .png files for the pages.

The transparency seems to be completely random (it doesnt happen in the same place on the same pages all the time). It also doesnt happen if I slowly turn the pages rather than double clicking the corners to make them turn automatically.

I thought it might be the flash player engine not being powerful enough to render the pages as they turn. (the pages are 340x711 pixels)

Has anyone else come across this problem? Any ideas of how to fix it?

I've tried setting the quality to low when they turn the pages and slowing down the page turn speed but that doesnt help either.

On another note, i've got 3 pages that have animations on them however when you rollover the corners to turn the page, the animation restarts. I know this is because of the 'reset page' function but does anyone know how to fix this or know of a work around?

Thanks
  • tzuriel
  • Born
  • Born
  • tzuriel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I am so glad to have found this thread! I have been trying to modify a Page Flip .fla and although I can add my pages ok, I cannot resize the display area. The window that opens is too small to display all the text. Can I send my .fla to someone for help? Thanks!
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

make the stage bigger :D
  • littlephoenix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

are you using

onClipEvent (load)
{
total = _root.getBytesTotal();
}

?

if not, let me know and I will post the script :)
  • thedude
  • Born
  • Born
  • thedude

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys,

Found this site while searching for a page flip answer to an interesting problem.

I've got my page flip mc done, and I'm using it as part of a flash movie with multiple scenes. This seems to be a big problem, for when moving from scene to scene with button clicks, the page flip function doesn't work once it's revisited.

In other words, if in the scene 1 area you put a welcome intro, and a "See our great book!", CLICK HERE, this click then takes you to scene 2, where the page flip book code is. The initial actions upon first load work fine, grab the corners of the pages and they turn, etc. But when you go back to scene 1, or go to another scene (like 3, 4, etc) and then go back to scene 2, and the page flip book, then the book does not allow for the page corners to be flipped by the mouse. It takes multiple clicks only, if it works at all.

Once I reload the swf file, then it works again for the 1st load into scene 2, then once you leave, and come back, it's failing again.

Anyone here ever encounter this problem? No where on the web can I find anyone who has dealt with this.

I think I need to reset the page flip some how on each entrance into scene 2, I can't figure it out though.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

thedude
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

that`s why i dont use scenes.
Now my question is: if you place all the frames from a scene into a movieclip ... wouldnt it be the same? If so, why you still use scenes?
I had some problems with scenes when i started to learn flash and so i gave up on them completly.
  • thedude
  • Born
  • Born
  • thedude

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll try that, thanks. Never occured to me to make each scene an independent movie clip.

By the way, here's a test swf that shows the problem:
http://www.ocpost.com/adtest/testfile/pageflip_v22.swf

In the above link, click on the book, and it works. Go to Scene 2, then back to Scene 1 and it does not.

This problem just blows my mind.

Thanks again for the assist, I'll give it a try and report back.

thedude
  • thedude
  • Born
  • Born
  • thedude

Post 3+ Months Ago

That seems to have done the trick, such an easy solution I feel like a moron for not figuring it out myself. I'll update everyone with the progress, and post a final link once i get it up and running.

Thanks again
  • littlephoenix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

an error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it ;)
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

or ... you are not a complete foul if you stop persisting in error.
  • littlephoenix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol
  • tnordstrom
  • Born
  • Born
  • tnordstrom

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold, could you please help me with the pageIsVisible script within this pageFlip? I am just trying to get it so if I have a button on one page, it's rollover won't be activated once I am on subsequent pages. I use the

pageIsVisible = (_root.getPN( X )==_root.page);

and I put the page number in, but it still will activate the rollover of buttons from previous pages, when that aren't even visible.

Thanks a lot!
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

oohh, i dont know, i hate that page flip component and it's been like 1 year since i didnt touch that evil thing :D
I changed so much in it that i ended up to hate it.
  • littlephoenix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

X is the number of pages!
Pages at RIGHT side have always odd number!

You can enable/disable buttons by checking this variable (pageIsVisible).
*/

am i off?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

don't know ... i completly forgot :D
do u like drawing lil' phoenix?
  • littlephoenix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes IceCold, i've been drawing for 17 some years now ;) I sculpt, draw and paint ;)
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

oooh ... that means you draw for longer than i play on computers.
  • littlephoenix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

:whip:
  • cripkd
  • Born
  • Born
  • cripkd

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
i'm new to this forum
i'm trying to use the page flip script, the one from iparigrafika.hu and i don;t know how to resize it. i need it in a bigger size.
Please help me :)
  • victorcorey
  • Born
  • Born
  • victorcorey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a template from a company called Perfectory (they supply no support and have horrible customer service) so I am trying to get some help with this.

The template contains the script for the pageflip and I have a requirement to link to (for example) page2 of the Flash from an html page link.

I was thinking I could pass in a parameter from the querystring and then gotoPage, but I can not seem to figure this out.

Does anyone know if it is possible?

TIA,
Victor

IceCold wrote:
oh, the iparigrafika.hu
nice stuff there. I hated it in the beginning, when i was asked to modify it and add all kind of weird stuff, like dynamic pages and other stupidities.
Well, after a while i kind of learned all that it does, so you may wanna take a look here:
virtual magazin
So, basically, to add more pages to your magazine, look in the library, u-ll see there pages-> page1, page2, ....
Right click on page 1 and chose Duplicate, then rename it to pageX (where X is the last number of pages + 1) repeat the procedure till u get all the pages you want. Dont forget to export them for action script -> right click on the item in library (Ctrl + L open the library, if u dont have it already opened) -> select Linkage, and give it a name (same as movie clip name, meaning pageX). As i see, there are some changes in this version of flipping pages, so .... do as that guy said there. Uncheck the Export in first frame option then drag and drop the Movie clip u created onto a frame (probably there`s a layer called pages, see where it starts, and drag the page on that layer, at the first key frame)
Then modify added pages as you like, next look into the actionscript thingy. U`ll see there an array of pages. Add to the array some more items (depending on how many pages u added). Also there is a variable called "maxPage". Set it`s value to the number of pages u have. I dont remember exactly now how the array variable is called (anyway something that contains the word "page" in it) , but i`m sure u`ll find it there. I`ll be offline this weekend, but i can help you sunday evening if you dont get any results.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, it's simple as that:

in the html code, where u have <object .... name.swf
u have this name.swf in 2 locations,
add to it: name.swf?htmlPageNumber=5 ; -> just an example, this can be changed from php or asp.

then, in flash, in the last frame i think, after all initialisations are done:
gotoPage(htmlPageNumber);
  • freecrisps
  • Born
  • Born
  • freecrisps

Post 3+ Months Ago

I could do with a bit of help with this too, if it's not too late!
I've created a pageflip brochure, added several pages (36 in total) without any problem, and altered the popup navigation accordingly. My problem is, I can't get a mailto link to work, and also, I can't get a form to send. I'm using:

on(release) {
getURL("mailto:sales@electriccyclecompany.com");
}

as the action on the mailto link button, and similar for the send button on the form, but having no luck. No email pops up. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

no idea since i dont know what you did in the code in order to send an email.
About the mailto thingy, what you did works ok for me: it opened Outlook in order to send an email to the specified mail.
  • freecrisps
  • Born
  • Born
  • freecrisps

Post 3+ Months Ago

I copied the original page with the contact form, from the template, (page 22) and made this my new contact page (page 33), don't know if that's confusing things?

the code for the form just sends an email, containing the contents of the fields (t01 - t04), using the code:

on (release) {
getURL("mailto:blah@blah.co.uk?subject=" +t03+ "&body=" +t01+t02+t04);
}

but the button does nothing, in fact, I don't even get the hand cursor.

On the regular email link, I DO get the hand cursor, but outlook doesn't pop up. I'm thinking I've probably missed some setting in the code. Any ideas?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, that code works ok as well, when tested separatly, in another flash document with a single button.
don't know, do you actually have outlook? :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 67 posts