Help me.

• cucure
  • cucure

Post 3+ Months Ago

To begin with...i really need help...
well, i need to build some fansite for a game....
and long ago, when i play Ragnarok Online [online game], i found these sites

-http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/9230/
-http://www.ragnarokcs.com/

and now....i really-really want to know how to create such in flash [such customization]

and also, can Flash embed HTML pages?

to be honest...i'm a quite newbie in flash....so, if any of you all can help me, i really-really appreciate it

thanks in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ryaninja
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ryaninja
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all, I'd check out some tutorial sites, like this for example:

http://animation.about.com/od/flashanimationtutorials/

Also, try and get hold of a copy of Building Flash Web Sites For Dummies, or one of the SAMS books, to get you started.

Flash is a pretty huge area, and nobody's gonna write you a complete 'how to' on here as it would take forever! You need to be a bit more specific with your questions. I'm a newb like you, so I know that if you need answers, you have to ask specific questions! :)

I started by creating graphics with illustrator, and then importing them into flash and playing around. The good thing I find about a flash site is you can do the design part first a lot of the time, so you know exactly how your pages are going to look, even before it's a web site. Also, as it's flash, it generally looks like it's supposed to when it's published, rather than HTML when different browsers seem to display it differently.

Good luck! The biggest problem is once you can do a little, you have to open a whole can of worms when you discover how much more there is to it! :D
  • cucure
  • cucure

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the helpful answer

yes...i just realize that i need to address more specific question [which i will add later after i finish experimenting with some of my knowledge]

for a while...can anyone answer these ?

1.can a flashmovie [exported flash movie like .swf or .exe] embed html/php [include the html/php in the movie [fullscreen mode] ?....if yes, may i know how to do it?

2.do we need database to create such flash?...if yes, what type and can anyone explain the detail about it?

3.can anyone at least explain the logical method [doesn't have to be detailed but at least to open my perspective of creating such flash, like the map or any logical explanation]?

thanks in advance, and again thanks for the warm reply :D
  • ryaninja
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ryaninja
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) I think you can embed PHP, or at least get the actionscript to call a php file:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/action_scripts/actionscript_dictionary/actionscript_dictionary425.html

-don't ask me what this means though! :D

2) I don't understand the question! :)

3) Are you talking about the process map for creating a flash site? If so, I think the general path would be:

1) storyboard or have a clear idea of the direction of your site.

2) create backgrounds, images etc in fireworks or illustrator or flash.

3) create addtional content, text, buttons, hyperlinks, other pages, etc.

4) start building in flash!

-although like I said earlier, I'm no professional! :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

cucure, Not intending to sound rude, but perhaps, you just need to have the patience to sit down an learn to use flash. The way you are posting it hardly sounds like you even understand the program.
  • cucure
  • cucure

Post 3+ Months Ago

aw...terribly sorry if i ever sounded that way..
well...i'll try to experiment a bit here and there later, to explain my points, well i'm not that newbie tho :p...so maybe later i will post any problem that i might find...can i?

anyway, thanks for all the reply...i'll post later....

best regards,

cucure
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Absolutely. If you are working on an aspect of your project and get stuck, by all means post it. When possible someone will try to help you solve it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts