Help!!!!!

• Raymaster
  • Born
  • Born
  • Raymaster

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all my name is Ray. Im new to this so go easy on me. im here seeking knowledge. i wanna learn flash so i got my self the program and i bought myself a template then a hosting company to host my site. im have a bit of a problem now. when i post my site it doesnt come up i get "Index/". i dont know why ive read massive amounts of tutorials now im ready to talk to some humans. can any one help?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you describe your problem in more detail, I do not think anybody is responding because we cannot understand what you are talking about? What kind of server are you on? Is the problem that your website isn't loading? or are you trying to get a flash file to load in a webpage and that is failing?

Please be extremely clear what you have done and tried, and what exact errors you are seeing and seeing. Screenshots would be nice. If you want a good answer to help you make it very clear what you are asking.
  • crysa
  • Born
  • Born
  • crysa

Post 3+ Months Ago

i guess ur site misses index.html or index.php in ur www root directory
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have to place it in the right place on mine it is the public_html directory

i am very skilled in flash and i could teach you alot if you want to learn
i have been doing flash for 5 years pm me if u want me to teach you flash

--flink
  • Raymaster
  • Born
  • Born
  • Raymaster

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you for your replies I appreciates all of them. lets see my upload seems to be right i may just not have it in the right place. Flint might be right. I dont know how to ask the right questions as i am new to this. maybe if theres a check list on what i need before i upload my site. i seem to be doing everything right i just dont see my site. when i write the name of the site it takes me to a "index/" page with "parent directory and 2 folders cgi-bin and webalizer". i am very confused but very eager to learn. any suggestions on what i need to check?
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

make sure the index is called index.html and it is in the rite folder did u upload it? wut program r u using to upload it if u want i can be your webmaster and do that stuff for you

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts