Help with pop ups

• groovemaize2K
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, I'm probably not the only one with this problem and I guess a lot of people aren't even aware of them. How do I stop people attaching pop ups to my Flash site :twisted: . I hadnt really noticed until I started using alexa and realised people are adding pop ups to my work. Damn bitches!

See for yourselves http://www.incrediweb.co.uk

Anyways, thanks for any help. :lol:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

um...actually I don't get any pop-ups on your link. I have the google toolbar blocking them, but I'm not registering any on your link.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Alexa may be your problem.
  • groovemaize2K
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

do u think the google bar is better than Alexa then? Are they much the same, or does google have more features? Alexa says that I have 16% pop ups. I hate pop ups on anything really, so it pisses me right off when some is attaching them to my work!
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only people that should be able to attach popups to your page/site are you and your host.

As far as the Google toolbars efficacy, I find it close to perfect. In the last month, I've only had 1 or 2 popups sneak through.

Again, I'm not sure, but I thought Alexa was something that Spybot looks to remove. I hope someone else can give better info on the subject.
  • groovemaize2K
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the input... :)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree -- google toolbar is superb. 2 thumbs way up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
The only people that should be able to attach popups to your page/site are you and your host.

As far as the Google toolbars efficacy, I find it close to perfect. In the last month, I've only had 1 or 2 popups sneak through.

Again, I'm not sure, but I thought Alexa was something that Spybot looks to remove. I hope someone else can give better info on the subject.

There is the dreadful pop under. Google tool bar doesn't stop them. If you really want to test your pop up blocker to see if it stops pop unders than go to http://www.tekwar.net and see if it blocks them. Just keep moving around in the page and go to different areas.

As for the pop ups on you site than there are actually 3 people who can put things on your web site.. You, your host, and hackers.. :wink:

We have have had trouble with hackers at xspork forums a week or so ago and they will do pretty much whatever they want if they can get on. But, i doubt that is the case. It is most likely your pop up blocker or your host.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

google toolbar stopped em. mebee i'm doing something wrong.
I still can't get a popup, or pop-under on the oringal posters link, or the http://www.tekwar.net site. google toolbar is the only pop-up blocker I've ever used.

????

//edit - Heart: I finally got a pop-under on the tekwar site after much clicking. ;) good info there.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, that's why I said click around on the site.. It is not real heavy with them. I use google tool bar also and it doesn't hardly block anything on that site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts