How to edit a flash template?

• ecottage
  • Born
  • Born
  • ecottage

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi! I purchased Delta's Flash Template #23263, Adobe's Flash CS4 Pro and Lynda's Flash Essential Training Video.
Is there a training video or book to teach me to edit a flash template?
It seems that most videos/books only teach me to draw in flash in the early chapters. I need help with editing a web template.
I guess I'm doing the Flash learning phase backwards, but I just want to tweak various templates & create my own web sites. Later, I'll learn how to make shapes and color in those shapes.
Thank you!
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea, there's a thing you could do.
Get inside a smaller template, start to change little things then test.
Change, test, change test ... and so on :)
Trust me, this is the method with the best learning curve.
  • philswifttbes
  • Born
  • Born
  • philswifttbes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi ecottage, I'd be interested to hear from on how you did. I am in the same position you were, having bought a template and trying to reverse engineer it is causing me so much frustration. It is incredibly interesting though! I have tutorials/video on how to start from scratch but they are not getting to where I want to be. What method did you go for?
Phil
  • tdjprj
  • tdjprj

Post 3+ Months Ago

Templates on many templates websites are developed by different developers -- which means even if you learned or reverse engineer one of the template, there is no guarantee that you can easily edit the next template you purchased, even if from the same website.

Few flash templates templates such A4desk provides their flash template with a flash editor together, this way you can easily update the flash template by fill-in your own text / images. This is a better approach for me as the reason to use a template is for a 'quick-and-dirty' solution. If one has to spend so much time to learn another person's code, it would be easier to build one from scratch.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts