How to get preloader to load page in website

• guitarfreak4213
  • Born
  • Born
  • guitarfreak4213

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok so I am really new at this whole website making thing and I am voluntarily doing my church's website. I did it in standard HTML in order to keep it easy. Although, I would like to have a preloader due to the fact on some computers there is so many pics and text it looks bad as its still loading. I have made the preloader in flash and its completely done. I understand I need to set the preloader as my index page on the server and all that good stuff but what I don't understand is how to get the preloader to load the home page of my website. I can get it to load a pic image but that's all. I have searched all over the internet to find out how to do this but some people say you cant have a flash preloader for html and some say you can. Please someone help me! I just want to know if theres anyway to do what I'm doing and if not if there's anything I can use to make a preloader for my webpage! Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

preloaders built in flash only load the rest of the Flash movie. They do not load any html content. I assume its possible to build some sort of full page loader with AJAX and some serverside language but its very rare that you should need such a thing.

Generally pages built with html/css are very light to start with and the biggest problem you will have is with images. You should spend your time optimizing your images for the web. Using something like Photoshop and gif/jpeg compression you can get extremely small file sizes for your images without sacrificing much quality.
  • krismeister
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • krismeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

Flex 2 does offer HTML embed in Flash:
http://www.judahfrangipane.com/blog/?p=79

But Graphixboy was right, theres not much reason to do it.
  • zhaojany
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

i recommend javascript .it will be better than flash. If you still want use your flash,there should be a javascript file to communicate with your flash too.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts