How to make Frame Labels

• USB King
  • Born
  • Born
  • USB King

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a button reffering to a "Biography" frame label, but I don't have a frame label ready.

I'm wondering even how to make a frame labeled, and also if this frame can be inside a movie clip that isn't on the main, "scene 1" timeline?
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

right click on whatever frame you want to give the label (must be a keyframe) and open the properties panel (right click/properties). In there will be a field on the left for the label. It can be any keyframe, it doesn't have to be on the main timeline.... however you will have to target the timeline that contains the label (such as MovieClipInstanceName.gotoAndPlay("frameLabel"))
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

lostinbeta wrote:
right click on whatever frame you want to give the label (must be a keyframe) and open the properties panel (right click/properties). In there will be a field on the left for the label. It can be any keyframe, it doesn't have to be on the main timeline.... however you will have to target the timeline that contains the label (such as MovieClipInstanceName.gotoAndPlay("frameLabel"))

Or you can just left click the frame and look in the properties panel to give it a name.

Bit quicker.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Of course, but that assumes you already have the properties panel opened.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

lostinbeta wrote:
Of course, but that assumes you already have the properties panel opened.

Obviously, but most people have that open as default.

Not trying to undermine you there by the way chap, just giving an alternative :D
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Of course, I understand. Just when dealing with multiple Flash forums I find that I always end up having to explain everything the long way. You'd be surprised how many times people have said to me 'what/where is the properties panel'....lol.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts