How do i place a html page into flash?

• mcavady
  • mcavady
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok I have not used flash for a long time and have made a simple site. On one of the pages I want to place a small frame with a html page inside it. this page is basically a link to a number of things.

the link is this

http://www.bifferclan.com/hl2mp/hlstats/hlstatsmini.php

I want to display this within the flash site. so that i can have the information about the map rotation and then a box below with this page inside it.

is this possible?

:?:

I am using flash mx trail version
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, you can render an HTML table in Flash easily using the FlashML component by Design Realm

I think the problem you are going to run into is that your table is actually generated by your PHP script, and I have no idea how to suggest to you to alter that to get it to generate the table in Flash. If it was a static table it would be easy, but by the looks of it, it is dynamic. In essence I don't think you can do it quite like you want to, unless there's a way to create the HTML file for the FlashML component on the fly with your PHP script. If you can figure out how to use fwrite to generate the HTML file, then FlashML is your easiest solution by a long shot.

There's a working example of the FlashML component on my company website. http://www.alaron-nuclear.com/main.html Click the Safety and environment link at the top and select Click Here to View Safety Statistics or View our Carbon Footprint.

//note it probably won't work in Flash MX. You'll probably have to download the trial of CS4 (it was originally created for Flash 7 & 8 and I know it works in CS3 also, so should work in CS4. It uses Action Script 2.
  • mcavady
  • mcavady
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the fast reply, I will have a look and yes it is dynamic, I thought tof trying to use the get url function and then telling flash to place that url into a button or symbol space. It would only get the url and open it into a new window. I think that I will have to get my thinking cap on!

Thanks again

mcavady

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts