How to...

• mikeymo
  • Born
  • Born
  • mikeymo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Folks, New guy on the block trying to figure out how to design Flash animations like these:

http://www.b7ven.com/v3/
http://www.idigitalemotion.com/main.html

Graphics aside, I'm looking for the fast, clean look. I know all about practice, practice, practice (which I getting), but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the fast clean stuff is done.

Is it just frame animation? Frame and .as? Anyone have or know of any tutorials?

Thanks Folks! :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• yuriythebest
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Ukraine

Post 3+ Months Ago

just what type of practice are you getting? Your post sounds as if you have a flash tutor or something that teaches you. Flash cannot be taught, it must be learned. Flash is a lyfestyle, not some piece of general knowledge that can be passed around. Forums are for specific how-to questions regarding techincal issues that require a few lines of reply, if you want to learn how to make good graphics find yourself some photoshop and flash tutorials on the web, no shortage of those there. No one is going to write a tutorial for you simply because you are not good at flash.
  • mikeymo
  • Born
  • Born
  • mikeymo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Let me clarify.

I currently use flash. I'll say that I'm an experienced newbie poised to graduate. I do not have a tutor, nor do I expect anyone to write me a tutorial. I use Flash everyday, therefore, I get "practice".

What I'm asking is for is to identify a technique that is being used on websites that produces the type of animation that you see in the URLs provided.

Are they using faster frame rates w/shorter tweens,.as tweening, easing, scripted easing, no motion tweens, but maybe graphics tricks with blurring? I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks Again, and I hope this helps explain what I'm after. :D
  • 5N4K3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think both of the sites are using a bit of everything that you asked.
They both load external movies, lots of symbols, symbol effects, layer masks, tweens, and I'm sure a good bit of actionscript. And yeah probably a faster frame rate in some cases.

I would recommend picking a specific effect you would like to reproduce and ether figure it out by experimenting or by using a tutorial.

Layer masks, motion tweens, and symbol properties all work very effectivly together. Learn to these if you havn't already. Keep experimenting :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts