How do they do this (Flash background behind embedded video)

• pmoreira
  • Born
  • Born
  • pmoreira

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys, my first post here.

I have been doing some research to redesign my own site and found a site for a Advertising company based here in Australia which I'd like to ask you guys about.

Here is how to get to the section I'm interested in...

0. http://www.21-19.com
1. play some pong while waiting for the first page loader
2. press [click to enter] when loaded
3. scroll to the the very bottom of the page till you see the [Dennis the Hand] campaign
4. click on the image and wait for the second pre-loader
5. a list named [VIEW] appears to the left of the now loaded movieclip
6. scroll down and click on [PLAY]
7. yet another movieclip loads with embedded flash video of the ad [funny stuff by the way]

My Question - Now I know that the movieclip DENNIS THE HAND on the main stage is simply calling another movieclip with embedded video on top of it, but the thing is that the entire background of the video movieclip goes opaque and it fills the entire screen - I have noticed that a few sites are doing this these days with their video and even image content (fully expanding opaque background over the previous movie.

Another site that's doing the same thing is apple.com - http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pict ... elsdemons/ (click on the SMALL trailer) i think this effect is .js file driven (javascript) but the same effect is being done via swf files somehow... :)

If any can help me understanding what the common name for this technique is so I can Google it - or even some tips on going about doing myself that would be great

Thanks heaps
Pat

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post