How do I do THIS???

• voodazz
  • Born
  • Born
  • voodazz

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to create a menu where each time you roll in and out of an image, it is replaced by another image.

Okay, I suck at explaining things, an example of what I'm talking about is http://www.riccardogay.com see how each model is replaced by another after each rollover? That's what I'm trying to do.

I've been bashing my head trying to do this, but nothing works. It's probably something really simple that I can't see.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance! [/url]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

for the future, when you've got a question like yours, do a search first, you might come up with something even more quickly than waiting for a response...

check out this thread:
http://www.ozzu.com/flash-forum/button-rollover-rollout-t40557.html
it's got more than one way to skin your cat (does that expression disturb anyone other than me?)

if you have any questions after reading that, feel free to post 'em...

good luck!
  • voodazz
  • Born
  • Born
  • voodazz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahh, i see what you mean. Sorry about that, but I still haven't quite found the specific help I'm looking for.

Okay, this is how I have things set up:

Inside a movieclip I have three different images, each with fade in and fade out animations.
I have 8 buttons that are either rollover or rollouts. The Rollover buttons play the fade in animation and stops at the Rollout button which plays the fade out animation of the first image and stops at the next button which activates the fade in of the new image and so on.

Now I can get the images to fade in and out and replace each other just fine, but the final roadblock I've run into is the animation of the text. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to fade in and out like the example site I linked to.
I know it would involve the goto AS and turning the text into a movie clip(?), but I can't seem to get it to behave.

Here's an example of the AS I've used thus far:

BUTTON ONE (fade in):
on (rollOver) {
//Movieclip GotoAndPlay Behavior
this.gotoAndPlay("2");
//End Behavior

}
BUTTON TWO (fade out):
on (rollOut) {

//Movieclip GotoAndStop Behavior
this.gotoAndPlay("8");
//End Behavior

}

I hope that made sense. :oops:
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

why don't you set it up like this:

include the text animation in the fade in and fade out animations...
inside the same mc on a different layer than the image...

for the text animation, make a new symbol>graphic and have that graphic be the text...
make a new layer in your image movieclip (above the image layer)... put your text graphic on that layer and animate it however you want...

then what you have in place already will do the rest of the work...
  • voodazz
  • Born
  • Born
  • voodazz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aaahh... it worked. Many thanks! I guess I was making things a bit more complicated than they needed to be.

Still, it would've been nice to use some more AS, but I needed to get this out the door. Another time. :oops:

Thanks again!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts