Implementing Flash to my site

• dargoth
  • Born
  • Born
  • dargoth

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I put the code in it works fine off line, but when i ftp it to site, then check site, my flash is just a white box sitting there...... I am not understanding why it is not going... I read somewhere on this forum, that it takes alot for people to disable flash on their pages, so most wouldn't do that. So could someone please tell me what tag, to use.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you think you can post your code so we'd have a better idea of what's going on? Or even a link to the page would be helpful.

Peace.
  • dargoth
  • Born
  • Born
  • dargoth

Post 3+ Months Ago

They said the supported flash, but it isn't working, now they say they don't. but every host i go through my flash doesn't work... here is my code not much but i am new

Code: [ Select ]
<object width="500" height="114">
<param name="movie" value="movie3.swf">
<embed src="movie3.swf" width="500" height="114">
</embed>
</object>
  1. <object width="500" height="114">
  2. <param name="movie" value="movie3.swf">
  3. <embed src="movie3.swf" width="500" height="114">
  4. </embed>
  5. </object>
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="500" height="114">
  <param name="movie" value="movie3.swf">
  <param name=quality value=high>
  <embed src="movie3.swf" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="114"></embed>
 </object>
  1. <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="500" height="114">
  2.   <param name="movie" value="movie3.swf">
  3.   <param name=quality value=high>
  4.   <embed src="movie3.swf" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="114"></embed>
  5.  </object>

don't know what version of flash you're using, but this should work fine... you need to give the browser more information about what kind of document it's dealing with. it needs to know that it's got a flash document on its hands and to access the flash plugin.
  • dargoth
  • Born
  • Born
  • dargoth

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank alot, but right before I got this I remembered that it can't play with out a flash program, and got the tags, thanks though :)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not saying the normal method is bad, this one is xhtml compliant though. (works in IE,Netscape,Firefox....)

Drawback, "wmode" seems to be inaccesable to mozilla based browsers since putting it in the object tag devalidates the xhtml.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="default.swf" width="396" height="346" id="flash">
  <param name="movie" value="default.swf" />
  <div id="noflash">
   No flash message here.
  </div>
</object>
  1. <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="default.swf" width="396" height="346" id="flash">
  2.   <param name="movie" value="default.swf" />
  3.   <div id="noflash">
  4.    No flash message here.
  5.   </div>
  6. </object>

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" will invoke the browsers default application for displaying application/x-shockwave-flash (which is 9.9/10 times a flash plugin)

data="default.swf" is recognised by Mozilla based browsers as the source of the swf.

width, height, & id are used as usual.

Param name="movie" takes care of the source in IE as usual.

The "noflash" div is shown in place of the swf if the browser has a problem displaying the swf.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the heads up, Joebert

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts