Inserting clickTag in a swf banner

• Sampletekk
  • Born
  • Born
  • Sampletekk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I hope that someone in this forum can help me out! First, I'm not a flash programmer, so excuse me for maybe asking "dumb" questions... :oops:

Anyway, I have this banner that has been generated from a site that does these things. So, what I have are a swf file. Now, the place that I want to put that banner in, needs to have a clickTag added, and I have no idea on hoe to go about doing that. The instructions for doing this are here: flashclicktag(dot)com, (I'm not allowed to post external links, so just change (dot) to .)

Ok, I'm not a flash programmer, but I've downloaded the evaluation version of Flash CS5.5, so if someone could give me an example on how to do this, I might be able to solve this

Best,
Per Larsson
SampleTekk
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a dumb question, but I don't think the answer is going to be as simple as you would like :)

I've never used this type of banner or the click tag method for that matter.

If all you were given is the .swf file, I am not sure how you will edit it in CS5 in order to add a layer and script. Even with my limited understanding of flash, you need the .fla file to edit.

If you are going to try and place the .swf banner in a certain position on your page, and then create a transparent button in flash and place it on top of the ad vendor's (flash on top of flash?), I'm not sure that will work either because it appears the clicktag is for opening the ad in a new browser and/or tracking?

The next obstacle you're facing is that the tutorial you provided a link for was built with screen shots from CS3 which might not be a huge problem for some, but maybe for someone with little or no knowledge of flash.

CS5 does have as2 and version 9 if those are required, but then again, since the tutorial is using CS3 screen shots, some of this may have changed (the ad vendors may be using as3 now? Like the tutorial states, you should make sure first with the ad vendor which versions, etc are compatible.

Good luck!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts