Intermitten Flash Problem on one of our sites

  • denisbaldwin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • denisbaldwin
  • Posts: 15

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got a number of flash files on our site, flexidisplay.com. They all have issues in Internet Explorer 6.

The pages with Flash on them can be found here:

http://www.flexidisplay.com/
http://www.flexidisplay.com/Flexi-Ten-F ... s-s/68.htm
http://www.flexidisplay.com/Flexi-Table ... s-s/69.htm
http://www.flexidisplay.com/Flexi-Twent ... s-s/22.htm
http://www.flexidisplay.com/LCDs-in-Displays-s/90.htm
http://www.flexidisplay.com/Flexi-Displ ... s-s/92.htm


In Explorer 7 and Firefox, the flash files do what they are supposed to. If you mouse over them, callouts come out of the images and all is well. In Explorer 6, you have to "click to activate this ActiveX control". I've tried using the embed tag and the "twice-baked method" with limited success. There are times when they seem to play in IE6 without clicking. Most of the time, though, you have to click to activate

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? We use Flash9 plugins with all of the browsers we've tested it on and the flash files have all been written in Flash8.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Denis
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1254
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

swfobject
also please do us a favour and search this forum before you ask a question .... you know, it might actually be already answered.
  • denisbaldwin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • denisbaldwin
  • Posts: 15

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold wrote:
swfobject
also please do us a favour and search this forum before you ask a question .... you know, it might actually be already answered.


IceCold - I actually tried the SWFobject method first (before the twice baked and embed methods). Using this, some explorer users could see the flash, some couldn't see it at all. Some still had to activate. Others didn't. It was really unusual.

Thus, I'm not sure what to do from here.

Denis
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1254
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, viewing http://www.flexidisplay.com/Flexi-Tabletop-Displays-s/69.htm from IE shows a javascript error: undefined object 'SFWObject',
and from firefox: Error: syntax error
Source File: http://www.flexidisplay.com/Flexi-Ten-F ... fobject.js
So, there's a problem in your source code, either in the swfobject, or in the html of your pages. Also, if you use the SWFObject, why you still use the embed method?
Do you have the swfobject.js file in your folder?
i see that you inlcude it (<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>), but do you actually have it?
if not, get it from the link from my above post.
  • denisbaldwin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • denisbaldwin
  • Posts: 15

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold wrote:
well, viewing http://www.flexidisplay.com/Flexi-Tabletop-Displays-s/69.htm from IE shows a javascript error: undefined object 'SFWObject',
and from firefox: Error: syntax error
Source File: http://www.flexidisplay.com/Flexi-Ten-F ... fobject.js
So, there's a problem in your source code, either in the swfobject, or in the html of your pages. Also, if you use the SWFObject, why you still use the embed method?
Do you have the swfobject.js file in your folder?
i see that you inlcude it (<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>), but do you actually have it?
if not, get it from the link from my above post.


Thanks for the reply. I have it in my root (http://www.flexidisplay.com/swfobject.js).

I'm using the embed method for now because it works sometimes, as opposed to not working at all (which the swfobject method was doing).

I've gotten some feedback from others too on what I may be doing wrong, so I'm going to be doing some more experimenting.

Denis
  • denisbaldwin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • denisbaldwin
  • Posts: 15

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold wrote:
well, viewing http://www.flexidisplay.com/Flexi-Tabletop-Displays-s/69.htm from IE shows a javascript error: undefined object 'SFWObject',
and from firefox: Error: syntax error
Source File: http://www.flexidisplay.com/Flexi-Ten-F ... fobject.js
So, there's a problem in your source code, either in the swfobject, or in the html of your pages. Also, if you use the SWFObject, why you still use the embed method?
Do you have the swfobject.js file in your folder?
i see that you inlcude it (<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>), but do you actually have it?
if not, get it from the link from my above post.


Thanks for the reply. I have it in my root (http://www.flexidisplay.com/swfobject.js>.

I'm using the embed method for now because it works sometimes, as opposed to not working at all (which the swfobject method was doing).

I've gotten some feedback from others too on what I may be doing wrong, so I'm going to be doing some more experimenting.

Denis

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
cron
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.