just starting

• CE/ creative studios
  • CE/ creative studios
  • Loc: soCAL

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey,

im just starting to learn flash. I was just wondering if when creating a site (completly out of flash) do you make one movie with a bunch of scenes- each scene being a differen't section of your site. Or do you make a project: make a bunch of movies and connect them somehow?

also how do you change the opacity of objects ontop of other objects in flash?

thanks,
nick
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Reinholdt
  • Reinholdt
  • Loc: Denmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey

It can be don i many different way.

What I normally do is creating a main file, than I use it to load in a preloader file and after that I load in all the movies that I have created for the site.

A tip is your main timeline keep it a just one single frame and try to do all your actionscript on that frame at a top level.

Reinholdt
------------
http://www.flashorbit.com
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Bahrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Flash is wide .. it got its own scripting language Actionscript ... but u can still Tween rather using actionscript but again u will have to use it in some other Areas ..

scenes are not recommended ...
U can build a man SWF movie and load external swfs in some empty movieclip within your main ..

http://www.lynda.com got a variety of video titles about flash and actionscript .
  • CE/ creative studios
  • CE/ creative studios
  • Loc: soCAL

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks,
i made my first ever flash website... i just made a main swf and made a bunch of scenes. i didn'nt understand what you ment by loading them all into one. anyway check it out and see what you think.

P.S: how much would you charge for something like this site: i created all the graphics on it aswell.

chadwilsonbailey.com

peace,
nick
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the redish-orange logo from the Music menu, bottom right.
Did u make it?
In rest, you can do quite many adjustments to the site, first starting with the menu ... try to integrate it in the design, make the buttons smaller and also add some style to them. Because right now it's like a black spot on a white shirt. Also use other fonts, those one dont look too stylish. Just as well, you can think of doing something about the text windows.
The trick in web designing is to make the elements of the site to connect somehow between them (visually speaking), so that the whole site will look like a picture.
Look at some pro web site and you`ll see what i'm talking about.
When you throw some graphic elements in there which have no connection to the rest of the picture it's like using a pencil to add fake beard on a picture of a school book ... it`s there, but it just doesnt fit in.
Take my comments as a guideline, not as a cryticism.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts