List navigation problems

• Travis Coats
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Travis Coats

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have got this to work on the main timeline, but using nested target paths nullify it…

I have two levels in question:

Main timeline-->contentArea

There is a list component instance-named: media_lb

My goal is to take the selected item’s data(a frame label) and have it navigate to the frame which is also in the contentArea’s timeline, here is the code I have.

var myListener:Object = new Object(); _root.contentArea.media_lb.addEventListener(“change”,myListener);

myListener.change = function(){ gotoAndPlay(_root.contentArea.media_lb.selectedItem.value); } *I tried data also with and w/o selectedItem

This exact same code worked on another project with the list box on the first frame in the main timeline, however this is not the case ion this timeline. I have tried every target I could think of the above is the absolute version I have quit at for now….

Any ideas, I hope I clarified the questioned correctly.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• krismeister
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • krismeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

try
Code: [ Select ]
[size=18]_root[/size].gotoAndPlay(_root.contentArea.media_lb.selectedItem.value);
  • Travis Coats
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Travis Coats

Post 3+ Months Ago

I gave it a try still nothing. I think there is someting funny going on with my listener. I tried implementing a trace command to see if the listener/execute function was working and...nothing..?

Quote:
var myListener:Object = new Object();

_root.content_mc.media_lb.addEventListener("change",myListener);

myListener.change = function() {
_root.content_mc.gotoAndPlay(_root.content_mc.media_lb.selectedItem.value);
trace("working")
}

Could this be because the list component isn't instantiated in the first frame? Don't see how that could hurt, but I remember reading it somewhere.

*funny enough I set the style of this LB and would deduce that my target path his correct....
  • Travis Coats
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Travis Coats

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not to be totally rude but WTF!? I don't think I have ever had one person answer a single question of mine on this site. Do we pride ourselves in ignoring difficult questions, because I know this wasn't an Einstein theorem.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts