Loading Bar Issues

• t3hd00d
  • Born
  • Born
  • t3hd00d

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, Im having some issues with my loading bar. I used this tutorial to make one:

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/perc ... loader.htm

my website is: ww.g0dserver.co.nr

the loading bar page is under the website section which is: http://www.g0dserver.co.nr/website.html

The loading bar doesnt kick in the page just stays white for a long time and then the flash starts up (the site is big, apx 4 megs).

Does anyone know how to help me:

Heres a link to my .fla file of the website.

http://files.filefront.com//;6138097;;/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

check if you have exports from the library in the first frame. If so, uncheck Export in first frame, then drag all your exports in a frame (2 or 3 or any other frame) before they are used.
  • t3hd00d
  • Born
  • Born
  • t3hd00d

Post 3+ Months Ago

could you please do it for me on the .fla file i uploaded and then reuplaod it and gimme a link plx?

i didnt understand what you said, sorry, i havent used flash for a while.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

:roll: sorry, no time for that ... maybe someone else is willing to do it.
  • t3hd00d
  • Born
  • Born
  • t3hd00d

Post 3+ Months Ago

please man i really need this website loading bar to work for people to visit the site. If i dont get the site up then that means i have 2 shut down one of my servers : (

if someone else can take a look at it and fix it please?
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

doesn't seem like you learn much if we do it for you...

unless of course your offering to pay someone, in which case you should say so then you might get some takers.
  • t3hd00d
  • Born
  • Born
  • t3hd00d

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can someone please just take a look at it and tell me what to do then?

Its not like im asking for something difficult or a website to be made.

I went to ALL The trouble of making this website and I just need 2 fix ONE minor problem. PLEASE just tell me what to do to make it work, or take one minute to change it for me and tell me what you did so i can learn.

I didnt understand what IceCold told me, and I dont think that it even related to my type of loading bar. I did use the tutorial provided on this website made by a member of this website.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

oooh man, is so easy to say you don't understand when you don't even try to understand. I end up quoting myself :P
IceCold wrote:
check if you have exports from the library in the first frame. If so, uncheck Export in first frame, then drag all your exports in a frame (2 or 3 or any other frame) before they are used.

so ... in my previous post, keywords:

create a new layer, name it Exports and insert a key frame in frame 2;

library : Ctrl + L to show/hide the library from flash

exports: if you increase the width of the library panel (drag the splitter bar to the left) you will see 4 columns: Name, Kind, Use Count, Linkage. If any of the symbols in the library have in the Linkage column : Export: some name here, then right click on them, select Linkage -> uncheck Export in First frame -> OK. Next step is to drag the movieclip from the library in th keyframe of the layer Exports.

If you still have problems ... then go to gotoandlearn and watch the advanced preloader and basic preloader tutorials

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts