Loading external SWF into entire stage doesn't hide Buttons

• soumik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • soumik

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am loading a external SWF (Movie1) into a parent SWF (Movie2). When I load it using a button release, it perfectly loads into it.

But the problem, is that I need to hide all the buttons/links in the parent SWF while viewing external SWF. I do not have any links on external swf, only a jpg. And it hows hand curstor to the parent swf buttons whenever pointing on them.

Any suggestion of how to proceed would be great.

Thanks
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

can u post ur script
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

turn off the buttons. Just because you put something over the top of them doesn't mean the button isn't there.

Think of flash like a bunch of pieces of paper stacked on top of each other. If you load an external movie (add another piece of paper to the stack) the other layers are still there. This is always the case unless you tell flash to remove a layer or disable parts of the layer. so to turn off buttons you would...

Code: [ Select ]
buttonInstanceName.enabled = false;

just remember you have to turn the buttons back on again by setting that statement to true
  • soumik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • soumik

Post 3+ Months Ago

graphixboy,

Your idea is good. It will work in that sense. But since I am having so many movies loading externally it will be hard to make it enabled again for at least 12 buttons I have in the parent movie.

I am moving the timeline to a state with all the same graphics and buttons where buttons do not have any actionscript and then performing the movie load. It worked in this way.

Thank you though for your very good thought. Btw, do you know how do I target a parent movie while I am inside a loaded external movie?
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Bahrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

use loop ...

for(i=0 ; i< totalbuttons ; i++) {
         buttonInstanceName+i.enabled = false;
}
  1. for(i=0 ; i< totalbuttons ; i++) {
  2.          buttonInstanceName+i.enabled = false;
  3. }

name them accordingly buttonInstanceName0 ,buttonInstanceName1 ,buttonInstanceName[N]

for targeting .. u can use
this._parent.targetName
  • coolingmongkee
  • Born
  • Born
  • coolingmongkee

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just want to ask too, want if the swf u want to load in your main.swf xml generated? because my problem is i load my second.swf to main.swf using xml the problem is the buttons on my second.swf is disable or not active..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts