Loading Images in Flash Movie from Database

• digital_yogi
  • Born
  • Born
  • digital_yogi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all!

I need help.

I need to load image from DB. Im storing image path in DB and that image I need to call in Flash Movie.

Please help. Sample Code will be greatfull.

Thanks in advance.

Yogi
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You mention you're using ASP, are you able to extract the paths from the DB ? do you just need to know how to pass them to flash or do you need to know how to extract them as well ?
  • digital_yogi
  • Born
  • Born
  • digital_yogi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sir,

I need help on How I extract path in Flash and How I will Display (Load) image in my Movie.

Thank you sir,

Yogi :o
  • dcastro
  • dcastro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Umm.. okay.. so I thought this thread was the answer i was looking for but now I am not sure.

I am making a seating chart with people's photos.

1. You click on a seat and their photo and phone extension title etc. come up.

2. At this point, I just have the database created by itself. Eventually I want to create a php or asp form that writes to a mysql database containing all the employees info - Including the direct path to the image for their headshot.

3. I have created an MC with the variable text fields so far but am not sure how to create the placeholder for the image.

4. Each data set will have a seat_id that defines who they are. So someone sitting in station 12 will have a seat_id = 12

5. So my thoughts are that there are invisible buttons with a seat_id and when the user clicks on the button the flash looks at what the seat_id is for the button they just clicked and pulls that dataset up in the popup.

All sounds nice in theory.. but could use some help. I can hard code the whole thing no problem, but other than creating a monster file and being a big pain in the arse, I would really like to learn how to do this the right way.

Thanks in advance.
Dax

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts