loading jpegs then moving them to another MC

• Algreco
  • Born
  • Born
  • Algreco

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,
I have this silly problem I hope you guys might be able to help me with.
I need to load JPGs into empty movie clips that all nest inside "First_MC" using this script:
for (var i = 0; i<_global.image_arr.length; i++)
{
this.createEmptyMovieClip ("holder"+i, i)
loadMovie (_global.image_arr[i], "holder"+i);.
}
I then want to move them one by one from that movie clip into another empty movie clip holder called "Second_MC".
Any way to do it by duplicating the JPGs? anyway to Id the "holder"+i movie clips and somehow move them around my timeline?
please answer. it's very important to me and I am really out of ideas.
Greetz,
Algreco
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nope.
Why would you want to move them :scratchhead:
  • Algreco
  • Born
  • Born
  • Algreco

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually need to load jpgs dynamically into a movie clip and then change the alpha of that movie clip. But when I load too many movies it drains my CPU. So I need to load the images into another movie clip and then slowly one by one move them to the movie clip I will have the alpha effect on...
I must load all the images at once so I can't load them one by one while unloading the last image to clear space for the new one. See what i mean?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

So your using First_Mc to preload all of the images, Second_Mc has an alpha effect applied to it & you want to cycle through the images at different stages of second_mCs fade ? Like a fadeOut > swapImage > fadeIn ?
  • Algreco
  • Born
  • Born
  • Algreco

Post 3+ Months Ago

YES! mostly that.
only currently I am swaping images at the end of the fade out effect on second_MC and again do a fade out. But when I surpass loading a certain amount of images the computer gets choked.

The reason is that the computer changes the alpha of ALL the images nested in the movie clip simultanously and not just changing the alpha of the movie clip itself. lots of alpha calculations..

So I was thinking I will:
1. load the JPGs into an empty MC (first_mc)
2. duplicate the first JPG in second_mc
3. do a fade out (on second_mc)
4. remove the JPG (removeMovieClip)
5. Duplicate next JPG into second_mc
6. do the fade out (on second_mc)
And so on and so forth...

But I am not sure how to do it, or maybe there is an alternative I am not thinking about.
Appriciate the help there, really :P
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right idea.. Wrong thing to swap :wink:

Have all of your images load into the holder Mcs setting each ones alpha to 0 as they come in.

Now instead of fading that second MC & needing to move images around cycle through the holder Mcs names with your fade function.

Do a quick search here & kirupa.com for "image fade" or terms similar, as fading images is quite a popular topic :wink:
  • Algreco
  • Born
  • Born
  • Algreco

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wish I could do that :(
I can't really... it's long to explain, but basically, the alpha fade out is not the only thing I need to apply to the images loaded. I do all kinda effects on them and other effects also take CPU. the ideal thing would be to somehow load the images and then move them to secons_mc somehow. Duplicating or loading and unloading internally... is that possible? :roll:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts