loading multiple image files from a path in flash mx 2004

• ThEnAd
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys,

this may seem weired question but if there's anyone who can help i'll be greatful.

I need to make a slide image menu , this slide menu takes the images from a path, each time i add an image, the slide adds this image automatically to it (at the same time having an action button to go and play a movie clip .

I don't know if this is possible in flash , but please help :)

thnx alot in advance :?:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• darkthroniar
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

yes you can do that in flash mx, the way that i know is using Loadmovie and replace the .swf file with your .jpg image

:)
  • ThEnAd
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

thnx for the reply, yeah i already tried to change the *.swf files by *.jpg files, but what i need is the following: i want to make an image menu where the images are read from a folder and each time i add an image to this folder , automatically the added image is shown on the menu.
  • samsam
  • Born
  • Born
  • samsam

Post 3+ Months Ago

I NEED to do the same thing...
do you find a solution?
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

on the up side that is very possible.

On the down side familiarity with php, xml and actionscript will help. Take a look at this xml photo gallery tutorial from Kirupa. http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/xml_flash_photogallery.htm

The parts that apply most to your project are reading the file names from the xml file. The process is the same if you give menu items a name or load the photo directly.

I don't know that flash can read straight from a directory (someone correct me if i'm wrong there) so you will need something like php to read the directory structure and create the xml file with a list of images. Or you could always update the xml by hand when you add a new image to the dir.

Hope that helps its a pretty script heavy answer.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts