Macromedia releases v2004

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks nice, but as always with new software there's a ton of bugs.
I'mnot sure why they decided to upgrade MX already. I love MX!

Anyway, more info here -

http://www.macromedia.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know why, they want more money.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

what more features could they pack into it, i mean, flash mx has tons already.

microsoft say there will be no more updates to "internet explorer" because is it got any better then the pages would be more like programs, then y make flash better?.....flash websites are bascily programs lol
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Flash is for more than just websites. It is for animation as well. And let us not forget the precious precious actionscript.

Probably one of the biggest updates with MX 2004 if ActionScript 2. They took everything they had with ActionScript 1 and then threw in a ton of other new things. They also remodeled the Object Oriented Programming system so it works more like an actual programming language. And the new plug-in and compression system increase the speed of running code by a lot (but not enough to do incredibly processor intensive things like Java can handle), this allows for a bit more advanced mathematic functions without blowing a system up :P

Not to mention they added CSS support for dynamic textboxes, html IMG tag support for html formatted dynamic textboxes, a movieClipLoader class for preloading movieclip symbols (im guessing this is for preloading content being loaded INTO a movieclip symbol dynamically), and well just a ton of new things that actually improve Flash's functionality on the web.

For the animation side, Flash MX 2004 has built in timeline effects such as transitions and transformations.

Despite the improvements in what it can, the program itself does have it's fair share of bugs and from what I hear a more cluttered workspace. From what I have heard of it so far, I am glad I can't afford the program, I will stick with my trusty Flash MX.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

37min and i will see what studio mx 2004 has to offer

if it is studio mx 2004 ;)

i will tell ya when it done
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was hoping lostinbeta would reply to that. I already know that, but
not many others do. ;)

I'll probably check out the trials just to see. My luck is I'll love it and have
to buy it. :P :roll:
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

kalbal wrote:
some people may go and buy it, but to be honest, i would not pay $599 for a peice of software.
when i could spend $599 on a new system for myself.

If your quality of work in it is good enough to get you jobs, the program pays for itself quickly. It is worth it, and besides, a reason the program is so expensive is because people like you who crack it. Macromedia needs to make up for their losses somehow, unfortunately that means us honest people have to pay more because people like you. So I don't complain about the price, I complain about the people who think they deserve everything without earning it.

Was that statement mean? Yes. Was that statement true? Yes.

Lesson: The truth isn't always pretty.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, i am sorry i offended u

i am 16 and learning, so please try not to aim things at me.
but i am sorry
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The point was that the consequence of being one of the people to
download illegally, is that prices get higher. then everyone wonders
why it's $600 for a piece of software.

Lostinbeta hit it on the head though. If you can make $500 on a web
design for a client, then it pays for itself in 1 shot! To me, that's well
worth the money and headache to avoid a lawsuit.

That's all we were really trying to say. :)
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I am not trying to scare you away, sorry if you took it that way. As Unflux said, if you can make 500 bucks for 1 site (which if you are good enough you can) you pay for it right there. And if no one were to crack it this program wouldn't be so expensive so if you were to make 500 bucks for 1 site it would actually pay for itself in that 1 shot AND give you at least some profit.

I am not singling you out, just talking about all people using hacked software. They don't realize the consequences of what they do because they get a free ride, while the rest of us have to work harder to afford the programs we know and love.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kalbal, I would hate to see you go too. However you must realize that people are not always going to share the same opinions. Many of the opinions were stated here because there was a mention on why the price is so high with some software. They pretty much nailed the question and it is due to the fact there is so much piracy going on. The fact there is a huge amount of people doing piracy doesn't make it right. Can anyone force you to stop, other than legal entities, no. You have the right to do whatever you please. I do not think any of the opinions mentioned here were personal attacks, but I am thinking you might be taking them that way.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehehe Image :morning:
hangovers are fun! jk ;) gald to see you're staying. :D

I've edited the thread to reflect the topic again.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

thx alot
u have no idea how bad my head is, and i am stupid enough to site at this comp all day :lol:

...........oh boy.....
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

A few of my teachers share my view on piracy, and it's that it can help in "private" education, but it should never hold a place in the real world.

//edit

Oh yes I shouldn't forget the topic. :-D I probably wont be checking out the trial, no real need for it right now, maybe later when I have more time to play with it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts