to make an ellipse shaped text?

• r_balest
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • r_balest

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi guyz, i want to make a rounded text in flash. can anybody please tell me how to do it? so it will be an ellipse and upside is rounded "information" text...thx
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you mean text that conforms to, or is aligned to a path. (?)

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think Flash has this capability. I've always used Illustrator or this effect, then pasted the vectors into Flash. Otherwise, you could, theoretically, achieve the same effect by tediously editing the anchors and bezier curves manually.
  • r_balest
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • r_balest

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i want to align to path. I once tried it on Firework but it only appears on the up side of the circle. maybe I'll try Illustrator, but can u tell me how to do it? thanks
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the toolbox, in Illustrator, there's the standard text tool in the toolbox. This has a flyout menu associated with it. Within that flyout, There are two text-to-path tools, one horizontally aligned, one vertically aligned. HOLD THAT THOUGHT.

You'll need to create a path, of any sort, on the stage. It doesn't really matter what type of path it is (rectangle, circle, polygon) as long as it's some sort of geometry.

With one of your text-to-path tools selected, click on any part of the perimeter of the object you created, and you can start typing. The text will follow the geometry.

Now go back to your toolbox and choose the selection tool (black arrow). When you do, a blue I-beam will be present at the starting point of the text string. Click and drag the blue I-beam. You can change the starting point, and the whether the text is aligned to the inside or outside of the path.

When you get it the way you want, choose Type/Create Outlilne from the text menus. Then copy and past your vectors into Flash.

HTH!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts