Making a GREAT software with AS 2.0, NEED IMPORTANT INFO!

• yayo_99
  • yayo_99

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys around the net!. I am happy to inform you that I am taking big steps with AS and Flash.

We are right now a big team working on a educational software. I am in charge of the coding part.

I have read already the "Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Game Dev" book from Glen Rhodes (WOW BOOK!). My next step is code all the games of our software. BUT, the doctors and psycologics came with a great idea: use the software as a living calendar: we want, based on the day, have special activities. For example: today is the independence day, and today they will have a lecture about this day, then activities and games related to the subject. That will happen for all the 365 days of the year, making the software VERY flexible!.

So my questions are the following:

1) Is there a way to all this be made with flash (we only want to use flash)? (we have animators working on short films we will present ramdomly during the activities, to help motive the kids)
2) I want it to be able to be upgradeable via internet, what do I need to know? (I am looking to buy Programming Flash Communication Server (do I need this book only or I need to find the "client" side too?)). Patch things, haven't done that before.
3) About installing the software, I think Rhodes makes an awesome overview, but is there anything more in deep? (books)
4) Is there a way the kids/parents can interact with the software? This is very important, because we would like to make the calendar very flexible, that means that the kid/parent can add important days like birthdays, the day when they bought the doggie, lots more; and so the software saves that data inside the calendar and remembers it, and when it comes the day, it will appear "TODAY IS YOUR BIRTHDAY, CONGRATULATIONS!". Well I believe that showing that popup is not the hard part, but making the calendar flexible is. What do I need to know? (for that reason I am looking foward to buy "Object-Oriented ActionScript For Flash 8" book)

That is all for now, hope I didn't bored you guys, and I really wish to hear from you!.

Thank you!.

Yayo =3
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post