Man ThatFLASH button is amazing

• Wurn
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Cape Town

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey All

Any one know how they did the button on this site: http://www.flash4all.de/start.htm

I am lying awake trying to figure it out. It seems not only Flash was used but according to the website they are using technology such as Macromedia Flash and i am shure something else.

please anyone know where one can get a sortoff similar effect tutorial! :oops:
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

a deform like that is a pretty simple trick using most modern 3d software (3D Studio Max, Lightwave, Maya, Etc) Then they rendered their little animation to frames and imported those frames into a flash movie clip. When you mouse over the button flash just moves between different frames in the movie clip. This is similar to the different states of a button in flash. The states on that site just have animation in them instead of a still frame.

If you want to do 3d stuff like that I can point you in the direction of some pretty good tutorials.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well it's definitely not only Flash. Derbauer uses a lot of different programs to build his site. That button might have been animated in 3dStudio or AfterEffects, or both... or something else.

The animation is done external in whatever program he used to build and animate it... then it is imported into a movieclip symbol in Flash to which it is called to gotoAndPlay() the specified section of the animation on rollover or rollout.

[edit]
beaten...
[/edit]
  • Wurn
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Cape Town

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thx for the replies, if graphixboy can give me the links to the tutorials then it will be much appreciated

No matter how they do it it looks really good. I am going to teach myself 3d studio max soon, got the book and so tutorials will be a blessing :P
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah max is cool. I recommend some general 3d concepts first once you get the hang of that you can start finding creative ways to impliment what you know.

Check out

http://www.3dcafe.com tutorials are under the "free stuff section"

http://www.3dlinks.com Has a lot of stuff you'll have to do some digging.

Finally Max comes with a really good overview/get started in 3d kind of tutorial buried in the help section. The same is true for Maya if you download the Personal Learning Edition there are great tutorials with that.

Best of luck in your move to 3d

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts