Motion guide for shape hint?

• speakermagnet
  • Born
  • Born
  • speakermagnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think flash MX has what I am looking for but the subject line is the closest description I could think of. I'd basically like some or all of the points in a vector to have different motion guides.

An example of a real-world motion: Raise your hand above your head and to the side a bit. Now move your hand along an imaginary circle in the air. I want to draw the motion of your arm. Notice that the shoulder stays relatively stationary, your hand traces out a circle, and your elbow traces a smaller circle.

I am using Flash MX 2004 and am a relative newbie to both flash and actionscript but am catching on pretty quick through trial and error (some coding experience years and years ago).

Thanks for any suggestions!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• speakermagnet
  • Born
  • Born
  • speakermagnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm suspecting one of the following holds true for the people reading my post:

a) Don't really know how to accomplish what I am looking to do.
b) Know but don't really have the time to explain it (potentially for the 20th time)
c) Know and are sitting in the corner with their solution and repeating to themselves in their best Gollum voice "It's MY precious"
d) and lastly......Huh?

Ah well. I suspect what I want to do has to be done with AS. Probably something like define a movie clip for each vertex, have each movie clip follow a motion tween, and then calculate the angle and distance between the movie clips and somehow replace each clip with an appropriate image (like a forearm) at the corresponding angle and size.

Any comments/feedback?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts