mouse scroller just stops working

• dferraro40
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dferraro40
  • Loc: Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a flash site that i have been building for a couple months now. I am near completetion of the site and i have noticed that when i navigate threw the site i have no issues with the mouse scroller. I can scroll the pages fine, but soon as i click on a link that loads and external swf the mouse scroller does not work unless you click outside the movie itself. Anyone know why this happens and how i can make it so the mouse scroller works all the time no matter what is loaded or unloaded?

you can see the site at
http://www.businesseliteinc.com/Flash/thayer/

thanks in advance!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

uhmm... something related to the focus.
When u load an extarnal swf, the main movie lose focus ... therefor no scroll. About the solution? dont know right now
  • dferraro40
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dferraro40

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been trying to figure out why this is happening. The only thing that i am loading separate is 5 forms. The scroller on the mouse works fine until i load one of the forms. The weird thing was that the scroller still worked if i loaded the contact form, but if i loaded another form it would lock the mouse wheel. The only difference between the contact form and the other 4 is that the other 4 all have combo boxes in them. So I took the combo boxs off one form then re uploaded the form. When i browsed back to that page with that form(now without the combo boxes) My mouse wheel still worked! So I have come to the conclusion that it is the combo boxs on the form that is causing the problem. Any idea why a combobox would lock the mouse wheel?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

because combo box traps mouse wheel ... since u can scroll the combo box items with the mouse wheel. See if the comboboxes u used in flash have any property for focus.
  • dferraro40
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dferraro40

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been searching for information on the focus issue and all i can find is a ton of people having the same issue, but nobody has a clear cut explanation on how to resolve the issue. This is driving me nuts! I just dent understand how it just kills the mouse scroller or how to fix it, i am about ready to give up on the combobox component all together and either build my own or use checkboxes :cry:
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ye, u can build your own ... just use an input text and a list that u`ll create.
I created a list for my own :D
  • dferraro40
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dferraro40

Post 3+ Months Ago

can you be a little more specific on how to create my own combobox, i think that is the way to go. I tryed using the checkbox component and i ran into the same issue. If you could show me something simple like a combobox that has just 2 options "yes" or "no" that would be great, or even a tutorial that would walk me threw it. Thanks for all your help!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts