moving my menu

• Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have made a flash menu, the problem is that I want to align everything to the right. I created it with everything aligned to the top left of the page. There are some other elements that I want to include to the left.

My question is, is there a simple way to move the menu in it's entirety somewhere? or am I going to have to drag everything frame by frame?

I am using flash mx 2004

//btw, I didn't mean at runtime, I meant in workspace
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Socno
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Socno
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vladdrac wrote:
I have made a flash menu, the problem is that I want to align everything to the right. I created it with everything aligned to the top left of the page. There are some other elements that I want to include to the left.

My question is, is there a simple way to move the menu in it's entirety somewhere? or am I going to have to drag everything frame by frame?

I am using flash mx 2004

//btw, I didn't mean at runtime, I meant in workspace

I have been doing flash for some years, and have never heard of a command wich makes you able to drag all the frames at once.

But what you can do(So you won`t have this problem the next time is to make a design in one frame(F.ex frame 1) and insert another frame in (f.ex frame 10). If you then do some change with your design in frame 1, 2-10 will also be changed.

NOTICE: It is smart to have the main design in a seperated layer, wich is locked. And use other layers to add menus/text on to the design.

I hope I answered your question ?
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can actually do this. In Flash on the Timeline Panel you will see at the bottom left there are a bunch of little square icons and next to those it tells you FPS rate and such (at least in Flash MX this is where it's located).

Well one of the square buttons has 2 solid colored overlaying squares. If you hover over this it comes up with the caption "Edit Multiple Frames". When you choose this a "section" will appear at the top where the frame numbers are. You can drag each end of this section to make it longer, and drag the middle of the section to adjust it's position in the timeline.

You will now be able to edit the position of all these items in the frames selection.

Pretty nifty trick if you ask me. I would have never figured it out if someone didn't show me when I had the same problem.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice thanks alot you all. Socno, I will use your suggestion in the future. And thanks lost, that is good info to know. I would have never found that myself either.

Well unfortunatly I went ahead and dragged every frame where I wanted it, cause I couldn't wait on a reply. Oh well.

I guess for the future I should plan my design better.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts