Need help with compressing/converting SWF's

• techern
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • techern

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I'm currently using Camtasia Studio for importing certain AVI's, editing them and reproducing and converting them to SWF.
The problem is that even if i set every option of quality at the lowest, the flash file turn up around 170mb, and its only 40 seconds long!

So in addition to this conversion problem i'm now trying to find myself a decent program which can import SWF's and compress them as much as possible, i don't really care if the quality and the sound quality gets low, i just want the flash movie to be viewable.. and it's not exactly viewable at 170mb.. :wink: way too big.

So does anyone here have any idea of what programs i might use for this type of work?

1: A program that can edit and save AVI's as SWF.
2: A program that compresses the SWF good.

Any help is very much apprechiated!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• techern
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • techern

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just located some programs, so no need for help at that subject no more.
But another thing, i use swishmax, (yea im a noob).
And at http://www.swishzone.com they brag much about expanded futures of f.examle importing .swf's and other filetypes. Im disappointed when it comes to this, because it does NOT work at all.

When i try to import a small swf file it goes all error on me..
not all frames could be imported correctly etc, even though this flash clip was made and compressed with flash 6 mx, it should still be readable by swishmax.. according to their website.. anyone who kan guess why this is happening? Or is it just swishmax.. :P ?
  • Maska
  • Born
  • Born
  • Maska

Post 3+ Months Ago

techern wrote:
Hi

I'm currently using Camtasia Studio for importing certain AVI's, editing them and reproducing and converting them to SWF.
The problem is that even if i set every option of quality at the lowest, the flash file turn up around 170mb, and its only 40 seconds long!

So in addition to this conversion problem i'm now trying to find myself a decent program which can import SWF's and compress them as much as possible, i don't really care if the quality and the sound quality gets low, i just want the flash movie to be viewable.. and it's not exactly viewable at 170mb.. :wink: way too big.

So does anyone here have any idea of what programs i might use for this type of work?

1: A program that can edit and save AVI's as SWF.
2: A program that compresses the SWF good.

Any help is very much apprechiated!

Hi!
You need to try this program:
http://www.geovid.com/Video_to_Flash_Co ... erter.exe/
This prog convert Video AVI movies to Flash SWF file without any sound or video losses. It provide SWF file ready for the web ;)
Good luck!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts