need help with preloader and contact form

• bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys/gals i got 2 things on the checklist i need help with if you have time to do it .... preloader ... ill have it working when its in its own scene but the site will come up and loop .... the title comes halfway in the loops

if i have the preloader in the site scene itll load but dont play ... goes to the first frame of the site .... need help with that one if you dont mind

and the contact page .... i havnt done it since i was in high school doin the school site lol ... but we were in HTML then not flash ... this is my first flash site and ive learned a lot in the last week .... if you can help or point me in the right direction ... thanks

Brad
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok ive got the contact page ready i just cant get it to send the email or nothing .... any help
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Brad, the server that your page sits on does it have access to a programming language such as PHP, ASP, or something? I believe for the Flash to actually be able to send an email out you are going to need to interface with some backend programming.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's correct Bigweb, you have to use some backend programming. Essentially you pass the flash variables to some send mail script.

There's arleady a couple of very good posts here using Flash with PHP sendmail

flash-forum/send-mail-via-php-using-flash-t83259.html#p461845
flash-forum/need-help-with-flash-contact-form-problem-solved-t95803.html#p538207
flash-forum/make-flash-contact-form-function-correctly-t92201.html#p522323
  • bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah his web host i just found out dont let me upload php files ... he uses godaddy with the website tonite thing .... ive told him to find a new host .... so yeah .... thanks guys
  • bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

well he has a contact page right now too so yeah i have no idea ...

http://www.inspectortrainingservices.biz

thats the site but i dont know how contact forms work from html to flash lol

like i stated earlier .... i havnt messed with flash in a while ... and when i did it was just animation but i have learned a lot with AS2 in the last few weeks doin this site .... anyhelp would be greatly appriciated and this seems like a great forum with great people

Thanks
Brad
  • bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh and would it be more simple if i upload the contacts page i got created ???? to make sure i have everything right ???
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I would recommend working with your contact page you created on his website. Sometimes things behave a bit differently that way. I would upload it and just test it under a filename he isn't using right now. I wouldn't replace what he has with yours yet until you are sure everything is working the way you want.
  • bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

no were not , if we do ill name everything different just to make sure it works .... but when i tried uploading the php file godaddy wouldnt let me

grrrr ....

im tryin to work on my preloader problem
  • bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i got the preloader so i just got the contact sheet thanks guys , i had to put nextFrame(); instead of gotoAndPlay(); wierd i guess in my sense
  • bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.flashvault.net/tutorial.asp?ID=103

thats the tut i did on the contact form
  • bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i uploaded the contact movie to a free webhost that supports php i have uploaded the html page that it loads into and the PHP file

not workin but im still workin on it
  • bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.4shared.com/file/98556521/83 ... ntact.html

there is my FLASH file , swf ,and PHP if someone dont mind taking a look at it ... i got all the code from a diff tutorial then previous listed .... if someone could tell me what im doin wrong or why its no working that would be great
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I downloaded your files but won't have the chance to look at them until later tonight or tomorrow morning.
  • bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey thats fine .... im still going to work on it ... thanks for the help guys
  • bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

why is it my preloader dont show up until its at like 80 percent? just a basic preloader
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had a computer crash today and spent the whole day on fixing it. Never got the chance to look yet, but I'll try again in the AM. Hopefully someone else can grab a look at it too.
  • bradTHEnoob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bradTHEnoob

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey man thats fine im trying to get preloaders on all the external swfs that bein loaded but i cant seem to get the preloader to show up at 1% they show up at 70 - 80% lol .... im so close to finishing this site i cant taste it but the small things are holdin me back
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have time to change or test anything however, I think I can give a couple suggestions.

I seem to remember having a problem with loadVariables and use loadVariablesNum instead.

Also in your php I would recommend checking to see if your post variables are set.

Take a look at my initial reply in this post to see how I do it. It's self explanatory and it has ALWAYS worked.

flash-forum/send-mail-via-php-using-flash-t83259.html

As far as your preloader I have no guesses as to why it is delayed showing up.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts