Need HTML experience to do flash?

• Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I am wanting to start making flash for my website etc. I have not got any knowledge in HTML or any other programing languages.

Do i need to know HTML or anything else to make flash?

With flash MX can you just make flash in the way that you can make a website with a HTML editor (Without any knowledge of it but still getting great results?)

I would appriciate all your advise.

Thanks

Tony
(I tried doing a search on OZZU, but could not find anything relevant)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No. You don't have to know HTML to make a Flash presentation.

Quote:
With flash MX can you just make flash in the way that you can make a website with a HTML editor (Without any knowledge of it but still getting great results?)

I'm not sure what you mean here, but Flash is an extensive tool. The results you'll get are based on your abilities with the tool.

Creating with Flash is not at all like creating an HTML page.

:thumbsup:
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just want to know whether i need to know the flash code? i was tihinking about getting flash mx but was not sure whether i would need to know flash.

Is it just like using photoshop in the way that you just need to know the program?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes. You can use Flash without using ActionScript. :D

You should try the demo version to see if you like it. http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

HTML and Flash are two entirely different entities, nothing to do with eachother except that you use HTML code to embed the .swf file into an HTML page. But even then if you go to File/Publish it generates the .html page with the embed code in it for you.

As I always say, there are multiple facets of Flash. Theres the purely design/animated point of view, where all you really need to know is basic actionscript, tweens, and of course the general flash environment.

Then there is the programmers side. Where you obviously need to learn actionscript to achieve what you want.... otherwise you wouldn't be programming ;) This side is often for people who are interested in dynamic content and/or animations.

Very few people are great at both of these, so don't be too hard on yourself if you aren't. It takes a lot of time to get used to both sides.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts