Non-stanard font and dynamic text...

• Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am using a non-standard fon (a font that isnt typically included with the OS, and has to be specifically downloaded), and dynamic text. As a result, the flash document looks for the special font, and cant find it, and then uses a standard one. I was wondering if there was any way to include the font file in the flash document, or a way to incorporate said font into the file.

For reference here is the file Im working on (as you can see the font is doesnt go): http://www.aysaedara.net/pics/banner.swf
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

you simply need to embed the font into the text box. I'm not sure of what version of flash you are using, but it's pretty much the same either way.

Select the dynamic text box, and click Character in the Properties Panel. Choose to embed the font.
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks, that was what i was looking for
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

very good, glad it's sorted for you. :D
  • RockmanTV
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • RockmanTV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm having issues with this as well. I uploaded a font to my library but can't seem to find it in the character list. Anyone know why?
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

After you have installed the file into your WNIDOWS FONTS directory it should be there.

Whe you say "Library" is the C:\WINDOWS\fonts what you are referring to or something else ?
  • RockmanTV
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • RockmanTV

Post 3+ Months Ago

No I'm talking about my Flash library. The can see the font in there. It's just not in the character list..
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to install the font in the computer fonts directory, not the Flash Lirbrary.

Extract your font from the .zip/.rar file, copy the file and paste it in the following directory

C:/WINDOWS/fonts/

Then you will be able to see the font in your character list.
  • RockmanTV
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • RockmanTV

Post 3+ Months Ago

No no, the font is installed on my machine. I can use the font in static text boxes. However, I want to use the font on Dynamic text fields so that even if the flash movie is played on another machine that doesn't have the font installed they'll still be able to see the font.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

You mean embed the font then ?

There should be an option in the text properties panel to do this.
  • RockmanTV
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • RockmanTV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea that's what I'm trying to figure out. I've uploaded the font to the Flash Library and I thought I set it all up correctly. I even specified the dynamic field to use the embedded font. But after testing it on two computers without the font, it didn't work.

Would you know of a tutorial I could look at? The one I used to do my flash doesn't work.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts