NOTICE: Flash Question PMs...

• lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, this following message may change some of your opinions of me, but here goes anyway....

Please do not PM me your questions. I recieved 6 PMs in the past 24 hours alone asking Flash questions. Some of which were posted here in this section, others which were not. I am not a personal tutor and there is a reason there is a Flash and ActionScript section at Ozzu. I know I post a lot in this section, but I don't always have time for every question. I mostly only get chances to answer the most simple questions because they are quick and easy and I don't usually have time to focus on solutions that require long explanations and examples. So if you post your questions on the forum, other people can answer it if they know!

Also, solutions to your problem can be referenced in the future if other people encounter the same problem if you have a thread on it. Or, people won't have to post a thread if they do a proper forum search for their problem and find your thread with a solution.

So basically in conclusion, don't PM me your questions because they will not get answered in PM... they will just get deleted. Oh, and on that note, don't PM me to check out the thread you posted either.

Sorry if this makes me sound rude, but it's annoying to get a PM Inbox full of help requests like this is my required job instead of a voluntary duty.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• plecks
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • plecks

Post 3+ Months Ago

on that note.., sorry for PMing you.

:oops:
  • kanaduh
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey me too..sorry if i bother(ed) you at all...just your really good at helping me with my space ship
  • plecks
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • plecks

Post 3+ Months Ago

kanaduh wrote:
your really good at helping me with my space ship

• kanaduh
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha plecks...look at my other posts on this FLASH/ACTIONSCRIPT topic!! you'll get it
  • kanaduh
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey plecks....could you make me a cool animated avatar for me...i dont care wut is...
  • plecks
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • plecks

Post 3+ Months Ago

kanaduh wrote:
hey plecks....could you make me a cool animated avatar for me...i dont care wut is...

sure i guess.

it's kinda hard when it has to be under 7k and 120px though.

:evil:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the record, this same speech applies to any moderator (or member for that matter). The moderators do not answer PM questions. This is our policy. It is our policy primarily for the reasons that Lostinbeta already stated. Ozzu would not be what it is if problems were asked and answered in PM (you wouldn't have even found us in your search engine search if that were the case). Posting your problem in the appropriate forum allows others to not only help you, but also allows people with the same or similar problems to learn and hopefully solve their problem.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts