one frame scene programing problems

• Mercury
  • Born
  • Born
  • Mercury

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have a scene in a movie that has only one frame. this frame contains a timer movieclip, that displays a countdown, as well as some other movie clips. One of the movie clips is getting duplicated during the run time of the game. now, i need to make this duplicated movie clip appear depending on the time that passes on the timer, and make it move independently of the time that passes, but basically on a frame by frame basis.
My problem is that i can't figure out how to get a "return" value from the timer (which is scripted on a movieclip in the scene) to the root level of the scene so i can use it in the actions layer where all the other functions are. I tried several ways of adressing already and am a bit clueless now.
My second problem is to move a duplicated movie clip in a constant motion (like a falling object) when i cannot do an onEnterFrame action because i only have one frame. I already tried to sneak around it by adding a second picture that loops back to the first picture, but that didn't solve it.
Any suggestions?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Mercury
  • Born
  • Born
  • Mercury

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i solved my problem by myself. There aren't too many expert advisors around here, are there? What's the use of this forum then?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts